Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting VX Rev 2 brackets to match Rev 3 angle. Any tips, suggestions, or feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting VX Rev 2 brackets to match Rev 3 angle. Any tips, suggestions, or feedback?

Interested in modifying my VX brackets, which are Rev 2, to match the latest Rev 3 VX bracket angles. Any tips or suggestions before I starting looking at doing this project? I'm reading about an inch gap all the way around the edges works best. Looks like I just need to cut and modify the top bracket which mounts the platform. Anyone who's done this notice a big difference? Is it worth doing? Anyone have any issues? Any tips, suggestions or feedback? I did a search but didn't see any pics of modified brackets.

Thanks in advance!!!

For what it's worth I think the Rev 2 with enough weight and a suck gate is the sweet spot. I wouldn't go to Rev 3 just because it's not something you can undo. The Vx itself needs a lot of trimming.

With all that said it's a matter of trimming. I would suggest seeing if you can buy them. Travism had a set he never installed and they could be pried from him. Alternatively maybe he could trace them for you.

I'd love for you to be the guinea pig on this but I don't think it's needed. But who knows!

Comment

You should be at 1 1/4" on your corners from top of box to bottom of platform on the corners
      I trimmed off the front of the vex to match it up to the back of the boat once I got that done and got my measurements at the back corners I traced the angle on the swim step brackets and cut it there and re bolted it back together and that measurement is 2" from the bottom of the platform bracket measuring upward to the bottom of the platform it goes up at an angle for the vex when your done. It's really pretty straight forward and the end result is awesome here's some pics of were you'll end up
      surf till u die.

Comment

IMG_2534.jpg
        surf till u die.

Comment

IMG_2533.jpgIMG_2533.jpg
          surf till u die.

Comment

IMG_4388.jpg

Once you get it re install get ahold of me and I get you fine tuned
            surf till u die.

Comment

Thanks Johnnie and 18C. 18C, I think it was most of your posts that got me thinking of modifying my brackets, haha!!! Nice wave!

Comment

It's not to bad just take your time and do it right
                It's well worth it when ur done
                surf till u die.

Comment

You should do it so we can compare wave to wave after the fact

I would love to see the difference.

Comment

Working...
                  X