Thinking of going from RZ2 to RZX.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of going from RZ2 to RZX.

Here's my problem. My son and I don't mind the beating on a busy day on the lake. My wife and 3 daughters don't like it. Will moving to an RZX make a noticeable difference in the smoothness of the ride as well as the bow spray?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Full loaded bow down, some are experiencing spray in the 2. I havent yet... So until then I will say its not a problem. Empty not a chance. The 3 has not had many complaints in that department.

The boats have much more freeboard, and a deeper V so yes it will be a smoother easier ride in rougher water with both.
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Transom deadrise is the best predictor of ride quality in chop. Not sure how they compare in that department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

I went from an Rz2 to an RZX2 and my boat is heavily weighted with bags and lead and we don't have any issues with spray coming over the front at all but then again I haven't Troyes it out yet in whitecaps either but maybe I'll have to to see
        surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
          Transom deadrise is the best predictor of ride quality in chop. Not sure how they compare in that department.

While I agree that it can give you a quick bit of information their are sooooooooo many variables here....

Beam
          Chine Angle
          Chine width
          Section lines
          Displacement

Its really hard to look at any one hull feature, dead rise included and use it as a tell all.
          Last edited by Germaine Marine; 06-22-2017, 06:37 AM.
          Germaine Marine

Comment

Basic predictor. Not the tell all...

Comment

Lobster Boats have 0 transom dead rise, yet are considered the best sea boats ..... Just an example of how misleading that info can be......
              Germaine Marine

Comment

Yep. And they weigh 75000 lbs.

Comment

Tap. I'm out!

Comment

I'm in an rz4. Every time I'm at the dealer I'm tempted by the rzx3. I think the rz design is more aesthetically pleasing. But there's no denying how badass the rzx series is.
                    BABz - babzusa.com
                    Austin, TX

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutATX View Post
                      I'm in an rz4. Every time I'm at the dealer I'm tempted by the rzx3. I think the rz design is more aesthetically pleasing. But there's no denying how badass the rzx series is.
                      Cant say I disagree... Less tankish and more streamline. The 2 is easier for some based on that exact point... way more streamline and cleaner lines...
                      Germaine Marine

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
                        Cant say I disagree... Less tankish and more streamline. The 2 is easier for some based on that exact point... way more streamline and cleaner lines...
                        I'll also say if one thing gets on my nerves with the RZ4, its the bow being so low. I immediately notice the difference in the RZX series.
                        BABz - babzusa.com
                        Austin, TX

Comment

How's the rough water handling of the RZX (empty ballast) compared to RZ2.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Boat rides great in rough water.
                            Germaine Marine

Comment

Tige claims the rzx2 is sort of a crossover boat, I feel like that might be a little exaggerated. I'm assuming it won't ski very good, but has anyone tried yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X