Water in tige touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water in tige touch

I am looking at a 2010 tige with tige touch and the dealer says that their is some water in the screen at the bottom that they can see. They say that it still works but will soon need to be replaced. I don't want to pay $2000 for a new one though so i am thinking that there must be an extra screen cover on outside and the water is trapped between that and the actual screen. If I get this boat would there be a way to remove the outside screen and possibly get the water out? I want the boat but can't really pay that much extra for a new screen.

Thanks and please let me know if there is a way to do this.

Tell the dealer you will buy the boat only if they fix the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
      Tell the dealer you will buy the boat only if they fix the screen.
      I talked to them and they said that the boat is on consignment and the sellers said if someone pays full price they would fix it but the problem is that their price is a few thousand over my budget. Will be talking to them again soon though.

Comment

sure its water and not the liquid in the screen. like this one http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/atta...1&d=1494636663
        look in the corner of the screen. mine looks like that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugh2o View Post
          I talked to them and they said that the boat is on consignment and the sellers said if someone pays full price they would fix it but the problem is that their price is a few thousand over my budget. Will be talking to them again soon though.
          Unless you are in competition or you have to buy right now, everything is negotiable. Time is on your side. Tell the what you are willing to do and wait.

Comment

Its the capacitive touch portion of the screen delaminating from the LCD portion of the screen.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone! The dealer is not local to me so I actually haven't looked at it yet. I will ask him some of the questions you guys have asked me and will ask for some up close picks of the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                Unless you are in competition or you have to buy right now, everything is negotiable. Time is on your side. Tell the what you are willing to do and wait.
                Have been trying to negotiate price down and waiting for a call back on price. Will see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                  Its the capacitive touch portion of the screen delaminating from the LCD portion of the screen.
                  I will ask them about this for sure. If the screen wasn't delaminating would this mean that there probably isn't water in it?

Comment

Have been trying to negotiate price down and waiting for a call back on price. Will see what they say.

I would honestly negotiate to purchase the boat with a NEW touch screen in it, or at least somehow verify that the replacement cost is $2000. I was under the impression that replacing one of these was about $4K - I believe there was a post on it a few years back.
                    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
                      I would honestly negotiate to purchase the boat with a NEW touch screen in it, or at least somehow verify that the replacement cost is $2000. I was under the impression that replacing one of these was about $4K - I believe there was a post on it a few years back.
                      I am trying to negotiate the price. The dealer told me that they could replace it for about $2000

Comment

I am trying to negotiate the price. The dealer told me that they could replace it for about $2000

Regardless if it will break or won't, I'd say negotiating a new TT into a 7 year old boat is a good idea. 2010 was only the second year for TT, but if it were me I would be comfortable having a new one in there just in case. (keep the old one as backup).

Just my two cents.

With all that said, I love my TT and it has been painfree going on my 4th season.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                          Regardless if it will break or won't, I'd say negotiating a new TT into a 7 year old boat is a good idea. 2010 was only the second year for TT, but if it were me I would be comfortable having a new one in there just in case. (keep the old one as backup).

Just my two cents.

With all that said, I love my TT and it has been painfree going on my 4th season.
                          2010 was the 1st year for TT. The AlphaZ tower was on the 2009, but the 2009 boats still had the older dash with switches and gauges and if luck the AirChair! So, 2010 is actually 1st year, 1st gen TT. FWIW
                          "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

So in the pictures there are definitely some big bubbles with water in the screen. To me this sounds like I could possibly remove the outer film on the screen to get the water out and then just replace the film/protector screen. What do you guys think?IMG_0077.jpg

Comment

Not sure on your model because I've never had to pull it, but did one on a 13 z3, and on it if you pulled the face piece off you needed a new one. Was a big stick on deal with adhesive backing. If yours is the same you would need another piece... But not sure. I bet Lee knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X