On board charger and battery switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On board charger and battery switch

Hi all. Have a question, my '16 Z3 has an on board battery charger. I assume the main battery switch should be set to "Off" position when charging?

Wired correctly, yes, switch needs to be in the off position.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Tigerbass,
      Don't want to highjack, so if you battery switch is one both it won't charge both? I kinda thought that is why one of those, not correct word transformer boxes is installed so it takes what ever is put into distributes it to all batteries. Im probably wrong.
      15 Escalade ESV-Black
      08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Tige should be installing 2-bank on-board chargers. So the switch needs be off for best charging and the 2-bank charger will charge both banks. However, if tige is using a single bank charger and wiring to the input post of the Pro Mariner distribute on demand, then in theory, a single bank "could" charge both with the switch off, depending on how its all wired. However, thats getting pretty cheap to do it that way.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My 15 Z3 came with a dual bank wired directly to each battery.

Comment

Working...
          X