Z3 or 23 LSV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3 or 23 LSV

Well guys, we're upgrading. I've owned a 98 Tige 21i then moved up to a 2003 Tige 22v and loaded her up with everything. bags, system, speed pass etc. it's a bitter sweet seeing it go. (hopefully soon)

Now comes the decision and might need some help from you guys. Couple of my buddies have 15/16 23 lsv's that we have got to spent some time on and these boats are damn comfortable. Room in the rear lockers, (ballasts sit below) plenty of technology in the command center. we boat at lake havasu quite often and it handles that water extremely well. Nothing like my 22v. (obviously this is a much older boat)

Help me decide. What's some of the pro's and con's from experience in both boats.

the wake has never been a factor for us, as our crew isn't pro and my 10 month old isn't worried about the wake.

What's important for us is storage, we always take 3 families with us, 10-12 people. spacious and hold it's own on bad water as we deal with that quite often.

Hard to knock the LSV when it comes to usability and comfort. I really like them, have been in 2 different ones in last 3 weeks.

Z3 will have a sportier surf wave. I give the usability to the Bu. The wave is not as sexy, but it does put out a good wave in an extremely easy manner. Not a bunch of tweaking required.

Not the case with Tige. Tweak city, but the wave is nice once dialed.

Also love the Bu's "cab forward" design. Tiny bow and big cockpit. Perfect!

Get the 450 motor if you do Bu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Higher Ceiling Z and its not even close.... We have figured out how to tweak the Z... tweaking is no longer an issue its push button.
      Germaine Marine
      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by Raffit78 View Post
        Well guys, we're upgrading. I've owned a 98 Tige 21i then moved up to a 2003 Tige 22v and loaded her up with everything. bags, system, speed pass etc. it's a bitter sweet seeing it go. (hopefully soon)

Now comes the decision and might need some help from you guys. Couple of my buddies have 15/16 23 lsv's that we have got to spent some time on and these boats are damn comfortable. Room in the rear lockers, (ballasts sit below) plenty of technology in the command center. we boat at lake havasu quite often and it handles that water extremely well. Nothing like my 22v. (obviously this is a much older boat)

Help me decide. What's some of the pro's and con's from experience in both boats.

the wake has never been a factor for us, as our crew isn't pro and my 10 month old isn't worried about the wake.

What's important for us is storage, we always take 3 families with us, 10-12 people. spacious and hold it's own on bad water as we deal with that quite often.
        The German has a bad *** 24Ve with GSA for sale. Boat cranks out a nice wave and has new surf tech. If not, I can get you into a nice z3....
        Germaine Marine

Comment

PM you back but your mailbox is full. Ring me anytime 714-306-3999 and Ill give you everything I got between the two and can make some time to get you out in either a Z or even an rzx2/3
          Germaine Marine

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
            Hard to knock the LSV when it comes to usability and comfort. I really like them, have been in 2 different ones in last 3 weeks.

Z3 will have a sportier surf wave. I give the usability to the Bu. The wave is not as sexy, but it does put out a good wave in an extremely easy manner. Not a bunch of tweaking required.

Also love the Bu's "cab forward" design. Tiny bow and big cockpit. Perfect!

Thank you!

Comment

Don't forget that you are on a tige forum so surely almost everyone will preach for their church.
              Don't listen to Dakota either he's not even a tige owner anymore! Haha joke.
              I am exactly in the same point of view. Z3 have a more sporty wave.
              But Malibu still Malibu and boats are beautiful. Surf system a little bit simple but still works really well.
              Like Dakota said hard to knock a LSV. Always depends on your needs. Personally prefer the Z3 but with all you said in your position probably go with bu. Just because you always riding with 10 people,'you have little kids that gonna learn and your not pros like you said haha.
              Space, confort and simplicity would go with lsv.
              Performance, wave quality and technology would go with z3

Comment

Yeah......I just re-read my post. It sounds very pro-Bu, but that was typed in the context of what I envision your use to be like.

I personally would get the (probably anyway) Z3, because I always want the wildest wave. But for dead simplicity, the Bu wins, and I apologize elevated, but easily. No lead bags, no taps 2 taps 3 careful with the speed etc. The wave is the wave in the Bu. And, well, it's still surfing and plenty of fun. Their command center on the new ones is simply awesome.

The Z3 is a great boat, and the wave will crush with the formula elevated mentions. No question.

I just surfed ANOTHER (!) 23LSV yesterday. Not as a demo, but a buddy has one. Ran into him randomly on the lake. They seriously asked me if I would hop in and surf it, because all three of them are noobs and really wanted my take. Which I think is hilarious! I AM A CELEBRITY (to three guys who were a little drunk). Anyway, hopped in, messed with it for 15 seconds, and surfed. The wave was fun. Then we did a transfer and I surfed backside. Worked, bam, dead simple. That's the Bu.

They're both beautiful boats. Tige wins hands down for surf ceiling. Bu wins for user friendly. They're both high quality. Only other meaningful differentiator to me is Bu wins in cockpit layout, size, feel. I love the tiny little bow. The cockpit is where the space is needed.

Comment

Rough water comparison--, I would seriously run them both in rollers if I could. I don't know who wins there. That's actually important to me too. It's a big part of having fun on outings. That being said, neither Bu got me wet. (Huh?)

BTW The RZX2 soaked the piss out of is yesterday. Sorry again to elevated--it did! WTF right? I was astounded.

Anyway, take those prospective boats, whatever they are, out into the seas and see what happens. Real science.

Comment

... The wave is not as sexy, but it does put out a good wave in an extremely easy manner. Not a bunch of tweaking required...

I think to get a really, really good wave every boat needs a little "tweaking". I personally think the Z is an easy boat to get dialed....

And you better get the 550 if you're gonna use the Wedge - like pulling a freaking parachute...

Comment

450 on a Bu. Plenty. Just used one.

Every boat can be tweaked, some almost have too many variables to play with.

Comment

Z3 = very weight sensitive. Messes with turns on occasion...esp if 5 on on side and just me on the other. Low speed wakes require a bit of special driving.

Comment

good info guys thank you

Comment

You have a great problem, and won't likely be disappointed in either one.

Dealer support is important. Test drive both, as you can see you can get a good surfable wave in the Malibu and a great wave from the Z3. Wakeboard wake is probably a lot better in the Malibu. But when you test drive, make sure to hang out a little bit at the shop and listen to how people deal with problems over the phone, what they say once they hang up.
                            Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Rough water comparison--, I would seriously run them both in rollers if I could. I don't know who wins there. That's actually important to me too. It's a big part of having fun on outings. That being said, neither Bu got me wet. (Huh?)

BTW The RZX2 soaked the piss out of is yesterday. Sorry again to elevated--it did! WTF right? I was astounded.

Anyway, take those prospective boats, whatever they are, out into the seas and see what happens. Real science.

Then you are in a boat that is holding bow weight........ No other way around it, and it wouldnt be the first one its happened on, thats for sure. Only significant difference between the 3 and two is some in the top cap, but not enough to take rollers over the nose.

Rzx2 v Rzx3.jpg
                              Last edited by Germaine Marine; 06-17-2017, 11:18 PM.
                              Germaine Marine

Comment

Working...
                              X