Wakeboard storage trailering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakeboard storage trailering

How do you all keep wakeboards safe while traveling? Anyone store on racks? I feel like racks are a bad idea, but so is sliding around the boat. Cant fit in the car.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If I'm just going to my local lake I put them in the racks at home but I don't go over 35 on my way there. If I'm getting on the highway I keep them in padded bags in the boat or back of my truck. I figure with a $5-700 board it's worth spending another $70-100 for a quality bag.
    Last edited by Jetdriver; 06-17-2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

If you put the wind breaker think I'm the walkway and close the windshield, they will be just fine laying in the boat. Ratchet strap them down if your nervous. That of course is for long hauls on the highway.
      BABz - babzusa.com
      Austin, TX

Comment

Under cover on the floor. Surfboards in bag in boat or truck.

Comment

I store all of my boards on the floor in the walkway with the wind dam in and have never had an issue on the highway. Sometimes I'll stand my surfboards on their sides and slide them up besides the drivers seat and the throttle. I then use a bungee cord around the tower leg to the handle on my board bag.

I absolutely never keep my boards in the racks when travelling. A) because I do go on the highway to get to the lake B) Why risk losing one if it ever came out. C) Surfboard probably not so bad but a wakeboard flying through the air would definitely do some damage.

Comment

I can't find the image, but I used to have a pvc and pool noodle assembly I kept in the floor of my other boat while trailering. Worked great and cost me less than $25. Kept the boards upright and was easy to disassemble or throw in the truck.

Comment

Do you not have a truck? What are you towing with? They don't fit in the lockers of your giant boat?

FWIW, I store all my boards in the bow of my boat, under the bow cover while towing.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Boards in bags. If towing the boat without the cover - it is a short trip - we then put them in the bed of the truck. If we are towing the boat with the cover - longer trips, probably have things in the bed of the truck - we lay them on the floor of the boat under the cover. The wakeboards are ALWAYS in bags when not on the rack. Custom surfboards are always in the bag when not on surf racks. I do have a molded Slingshot surfboard that we like, but it is molded and kind of gets tossed around, not bagged and treated like crap. It is a very durable board and has held up well to the abuse.
                "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Working...
                X