Helping a buddy upgrade his 2014 ASR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helping a buddy upgrade his 2014 ASR

Thoughts are to do what chptril did with the 2015 ASR.

But if he doesn't want to jump up to the sd amps would a syn-dx6 work well for 2 pairs of rev 10s..... or just go with the sd6?

I believe his came with 1 sd6 and maybe a syn 2? I'll double check but it did have the longer black amp and then a smaller chrome one when I was in it last.

Will probably keep the xs10 sub and just add another in the locker like the 2015 asr. Best amp for these?

I know the ASR had the SD amps and XS-808 speakers as an option but I do not recall it coming with a mix of SYN and SD, either one series or the other. also, the SD series is close in size to a Syn-2. A long black amp sounds like something aftermarket maybe, like an Arc KS900.6. Take pics of the amps if you can.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Will do!

Comment

I just took the xs 10 sub out of my boat if u want it

Comment

He's sending me a pic and will get back to you. Thanks!! Maybe shoot me a pm on price. I do get a good deal though new from the dealer we have bought a bunch of stuff with.

Comment

U can have it man. I've prolly given away 2-3 on here . I have no use for it, and believe me when I say the advice/ free help I've been given on this site over the years would never compare to giving away a little sub.
            Last edited by ChrisBarnes05-12-84; 06-16-2017, 05:04 AM.

Comment

That's very cool! Agreed I'll p.m. you

Comment

Alright got a photo and I was able to have him send a pic of the side of the syn. It's a syn 4 on the bottom but he didn't take any pics to show model of the one on top.
                Thoughts?

Comment

Here it is
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pretty sure thats an SD-6 driving the in-boats and EOM woofer. Ill take his word its a Syn-4 and im guessing its driving a single pair of Rev-10?

Wants to add a 2nd woofer and 2nd pair of Rev-10? 1st, really need to choose the woofer. Not only does this make it easier to match up an amp with the proper wattage output, but also matching the proper impedance.

A Syn-DX6 could drive a pair of rev-10 and offer up to 600W rms for a 4 ohm woofer. However, I would suggest separating tower speakers and woofers when we can. For two pair of Rev-10, I would go with the Syn-DX2.3HP and then an amp for the new woofer, which ever that may be. You just might luck up and that be a Syn-2 in there. Now you've got a 750W rms woofer amp.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Our plan was to stay with the xs10 and add another xs10 like you did with the kickers in that 2015 ASR. I was thinking sell the syn4 and get matching amps. Could do a sd2 for the 2 subs. Its definitely a syn4 he sent a pic of the side with model.

Comment

Why not run the same as that 2015 one you did?

2 SD-6 - 2 rev10s with 2 808s/2 rev10s with 4 808s
                        1 SD-2 - both subs

Or you could go

SD-2 for all Rev10s
                        SD-2 for 2 subs
                        SD-6 for 808s

Comment

But if he doesn't want to jump up to the sd amps
                          Just keying off opening post, as well as we did not have the new DX amps along with the DX2.3HP.

On the 2015 ASR, we added a 2nd SD6. 1 drove 3 rev-10 and the 2nd drove 4th rev-10 and 3 pair of in-boats.

OEM SD-2 re-purposed to drive two new 2 ohm woofers.

Now, heres a wrinkle in that for your boat. Your existing woofer is a 4 ohm. No good way to retain it and pair with a new woofer and bridge across a 2 chnl amp like the SD2. You would have to buy 2 new woofers in the 2 ohm configuration if you wanted to stay within the same series amps to have them match.

Need to think some more about other SD combos that will get you enough chnls to drive everything as well as two 4 ohm woofers.

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks chpthrl! Lmk!

Comment

Funny that the 2015 ASR I did has come up in this thread. The owner of that boat, dropped his new 2017 RZX-3 off Sunday for some upgrades.

So, SD2 for two pair of rev-10

SD4 for both woofers. Keep the existing 4 ohm woofer and get a 2nd.

Dedicate original SD-6 for all the in-boats.

Comment

Working...
                              X