Alpha Z Tower Very Noisy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Z Tower Very Noisy

I thought I remembered seeing this in a thread awhile back. But I can't seem to find it. My Alpha Z tower has really started to make a lot of noise. There is also quite a bit of movement bot vertically and horizontally. I thought I remembered reading about a rubber gasket in-between the base and upper section that will wear out and needs to be replaced. Can anyone confirm this? I'm also noticing my bolts seem to loosen themselves fairly easily. I pulled them out today to have a look. I thought I remembered there being some kind of washer with these. But if there was, mine are gone. I've had family members take the tower down before. They could have missed putting the spacers or washers back in. The RZ4 is still under warranty. But my dealer is pretty backed up this time of year. If this is an easy fix, I'd rather take care of it myself.
    BABz - babzusa.com
    Austin, TX

If all the hardware is in don't see how it could have much movement, but you never know, any number of things can happen. I would check your racks especially if they​ are Sampsons. They can loosen up from tower easily and make a lot of noise, as well as the bushing in the swing assembly. Give entire rack a good shake in all directions. Otherwise I would guess something has broken or come loose in spring assembly. Have you folded tower down and done a visual??

Comment

I had a noise this weekend, sounded like metal on metal squeak like a rough opening car door. I did 2 things, one of the rubber pieces was falling off, and I re glued it, and I sprayed down the pins with wd40, and the noise went away. If you need pics of the gaskets let me know. More like foam strips.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a crazy long day. But I'll be looking into this tomorrow. My racks have absolutely zero movement. The noise and shake seems to be coming from where the base and tower meet. I would love to see what these gaskets look like. I'm pretty sure mine are completely gone. I'll also be folding the tower down tomorrow to have a look.
        BABz - babzusa.com
        Austin, TX

Comment

Alpha Z Tower Very Noisy

Ok I've had a chance to take a look. Can someone confirm where this price actually goes? It appears they have just come out.

Edit: never mind. I'm a moron. This little piece is def what came out on both sides. A little loctite and I think I'll be back in business
          Last edited by BlackoutATX; 06-17-2017, 12:00 AM.
          BABz - babzusa.com
          Austin, TX

Comment

Well got some really shitty news today. I put the above receiver parts in the tower to hold me over last weekend. Dropped the boat off at the dealer Tuesday to have the tower and a few other things (new screen, while other story). Got a call today saying both tower bases are cracked. My service guy said he had to order some for another customer back in January and he's still waiting on them. He also said he would not recommend using the tower at all in the meantime. So if any of you have any movement in your alpha z. I suggest you have it checked out.
            BABz - babzusa.com
            Austin, TX

Comment

Working...
            X