New to tige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to tige

I am so new to tige i still have 3 weeks until my estimated delivery date of my ordered 2017 z3. Any tips i should know or anyone on lake allatoona in ga ? Thanks.
    If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

I actually wanted to know if i should upgrade my prop as well. It comes standard with the 13.5 ×16 degree 4 bld. I sold my old xstar and bought a tige to surf. Is this upgrade needed?

Comment

That prop wont handle weight or elevation. If all you do is surf, get a 15" x 12 pitch prop. If you value reasonable speeds, get a 14 pitch prop.

Comment

Welcome! I'm new to Tige as well. I'm on Lanier. I've had my Z3 out twice and so far I'm very impressed, although im completely new to these types of boats.

Comment

Congrats on the new Z3!!! Great boat choice!!! Where are you build pics? We all love seeing those!

Comment

Congrats and welcome! Your dealer and Tige should send the appropriate prop for your elevation and engine. I'm fairly certain that your boat will come with a 15" prop. I suggest doing your break in with the provided prop and see how it performs before ordering a replacement. Most likely if you call Acme they are going to want to know some data from your existing prop before recommending a replacement. And we all like studio and build pics...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will send the pictures as soon as they start pouring in . Thanks for all the advice !

Comment

Welcome, we are loving our new Z3 -- your dealer can/should either request a different prop or swap when you get it if you want to surf. Ours came with the 15" x 12" (Acme 2149) and it is a diesel of a prop. We're running the Surf XL Ballast, plus 500lbs of extra weight, up to 6 adults and 4 kids, all at 5500' of elevation; it yanks up even the big guys without hesitation. I haven't tried to push a WOT speed yet, though I'm guessing it's around 35, plenty fast for just getting out to a spot to fill up the bags.

There are plenty of threads that will help you get going as well. Tige is working through a couple of stereo issues on the '17s with the new DSP amps and all-in-one entertainment system -- a clipping issue where the stereo cuts out at low volumes and high-pitched static, not happening on all, but happening on quite a few. Other than that, you'll also find some great threads on how to build the best wave with the TAPS3 (the Z3 loves a little extra weight in the back in addition to the bags).

Great community here that's always happy to help as well, so get those pics up, read the threads, ask questions, and enjoy the boat!

Comment

Thanks again for all the advice. Would you suggest lead in the rear lockers? Any additional weight in the bow?

Comment

I'm sure elevatedconcept will chime in, he's done a lot of work dialing in the wave with extra weight, as have others. Lead is the most dense and takes up the least space, I'm using cast iron (coated) weight plates, with 250lbs in each locker, and it doesn't take out a lot of space. We're currently running Taps3 at 5-6 and Taps2 at 5 at 10.8mph, still playing with it to try getting the speed up and Taps3 down closer to 1.

A side note -- putting the extra weight in the lockers has made mine tow differently. I only have a half ton truck, and that weight on the back end made a difference in my tongue weight, it's noticeably bouncier and a bit more squirrely if I'm not paying attention. I need to get back to the scale some time to see just how much it changed my tongue weight.

Here's a link to what my wave looks like, I'm sure others will chime in on how to make yours better: link

Comment

Any idea on the "break in period" , im sure there is one. Anyone know how many hours and such before i can start loading it down?

Comment

*sitting back with a bag of popcorn*

You can find quite a few threads here on this topic, with no solid answer.

You will find many are by the book to protect any concerns about warranty coverage. Others say hammer down using the argument that no one is super cautious with vehicle engine break-ins, which is then countered by the difference in engine loading, which is then countered with race engines not getting long break-in periods, which is countered by short shelf life of those engines, and so on, and so on

Mine was delivered on the water, and after idling to come up to temp, my dealer, who will be handling any warranty issues, took it up to speed out of the buoys. I babied it for a couple of hours getting used to it, moving the RPMs up and down, and then started surfing. I guess I'm taking some risk, we'll see. First oil change done at 15 hours looked pretty typical for break-in oil, no shavings in the filter.

Comment

Originally posted by hcooperrn View Post
                          *sitting back with a bag of popcorn*

You can find quite a few threads here on this topic, with no solid answer.

You will find many are by the book to protect any concerns about warranty coverage. Others say hammer down using the argument that no one is super cautious with vehicle engine break-ins, which is then countered by the difference in engine loading, which is then countered with race engines not getting long break-in periods, which is countered by short shelf life of those engines, and so on, and so on

Mine was delivered on the water, and after idling to come up to temp, my dealer, who will be handling any warranty issues, took it up to speed out of the buoys. I babied it for a couple of hours getting used to it, moving the RPMs up and down, and then started surfing. I guess I'm taking some risk, we'll see. First oil change done at 15 hours looked pretty typical for break-in oil, no shavings in the filter.
                          Same here when the dealership took me out they got it up to temp 160 then they took off loaded ballast showed surf wavesq

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Soooooooooo does anyone know how long it takes to get your first pictures from tige?

Comment

Have your dealer check with them, 3 weeks from delivery, I would guess if they haven't started, they probably are very soon. I think I got my first build pics about a week after it started going down the line IIRC, also depends on how busy they are right now, those build pics are something the guys do as a courtesy on the side.

Comment

Working...
                              X