Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the new Steering Wheel with the controls be added to a '17 RZX3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the new Steering Wheel with the controls be added to a '17 RZX3?

Wondering if this is as easy as removing the old steering wheel, plugging in the new wheel and away we go. Anybody know if this is possible? Please don't tell me we need to purchase a new boat to get this feature....
    Thanks,
    John

Yes it is possible it is not really to hard Tige has come out with a kit it's not quite a simple as just swapping them out but it's not too hard either.

Comment

Originally posted by rensink View Post
      Yes it is possible it is not really to hard Tige has come out with a kit it's not quite a simple as just swapping them out but it's not too hard either.
      Thanks!

Comment

I imagine a software update would be required as well ya??

Comment

Anyone know if this kit is available for a '16 Z3?

Comment

Online it shows that it is only available with the RZX2&3.
            "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

I contacted my dealer yesterday to get a cost for this upgrade. The response is: Tige' is working out an issue, but it should be available early July as a retrofit for 2017 RZX3's. I'm GUESSING the issue being worked on is software related. I'm happy to wait for an issue free upgrade.

I grow tired pretty quickly when switching from the action to audio, to action, to audio, to action, to audio,....... and the beat goes on. Looking forward to having those controls constantly at my fingertips.

Comment

So what exactly are you looking for here? I'm not sure what you mean action to audio, action to audio. I guess I don't see the point as everything in my 16 Z3 is pretty much already at my fingertips.

IMO, sounds like an expensive experiment to fix a non-existent problem that would likely just malfunction in 5-10 years.

Comment

The touch screen for a 16 z3 and a 17rzx3 are quite different. Not only in look but in functionality. Supra has them standard and they are really nice. Our salesman is rolling an SA this year and we are all impressed. Great waves and a killer wake for less...crazy
                  Last edited by freeheel4life; 06-14-2017, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Z3 LKG View Post
                    I contacted my dealer yesterday to get a cost for this upgrade. The response is: Tige' is working out an issue, but it should be available early July as a retrofit for 2017 RZX3's. I'm GUESSING the issue being worked on is software related. I'm happy to wait for an issue free upgrade.

I grow tired pretty quickly when switching from the action to audio, to action, to audio, to action, to audio,....... and the beat goes on. Looking forward to having those controls constantly at my fingertips.
                    Not exactly plug and play, but also not overly complicated. No software upgrades are needed. There is some drilling involved, and it just tees into an existing connection going to the display. From the way it sounds the issue is with the steering wheel binding with the new helm installed. From what I seen it was poor engineering from the steering wheel manufacture itself, if thats the case im glad they are trying to find a solution before they sell anymore, because it is a nice feature.

Comment

The problem causing the super stiff feeling can be linked to the rudder rather then the steering wheel controls
                      Germaine Marine
                      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
                      X