Surfed a 2017 Malibu 23LSV last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surfed a 2017 Malibu 23LSV last night

I had low expectations. Based on a "meh" ride behind an Axis A24.

Guess what?

It was good. Very good. Out of the box the best I have been on actually--very easy to set up.

I am no longer a Malibu hater.

The end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Did it have the plugnplay bags in the rear?

Comment

It did. Not sure if their size.

Comment

Does Malibu supply the sacs now for 2017 or are they still dealer/customer supplied?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

No clue. I simply drove it and rode in it and it surprised me.

Comment

You need to get a ride on a 2017rzx2 with no PnP bagas and report back .
            surf till u die.

Comment

I ask because I have not seen a single soul, surf a Bu with only factory ballast, or out of the box as you say. If the 2017s are finally coming with factory sacs plugged to the plug-n-play ballast, ill give you "out of the box".
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mike to my knowledge you are correct... plumbed but bags arent included.....
                Germaine Marine
                "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Haven't ridden the RZX2 yet. Buddy had a loaner one this weekend. Said it's good, similar to his RZX3, but tipped his hat to the dialed 3. To that point his dialed RZX3 wave is money. Also he said lots more spray came over the RZX2 bow in rough water and rollers, which is a show stopper on our lake. Rough water is a fact of life during day boating.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                    I ask because I have not seen a single soul, surf a Bu with only factory ballast, or out of the box as you say. If the 2017s are finally coming with factory sacs plugged to the plug-n-play ballast, ill give you "out of the box".
                    Must have been dealer installed bags. Seemed out of the box to me as it was delivered that way. But could technically be a hitch in my story.

Comment

And oh by the way, I rode the Bu again this morning, and I may have been a bit too smoked on Fireball yesterday, because the wave slid back toward the "meh" rating today. Decent, a bit too mellow for my liking. Very "skimmy" if that's a word.
                      Really beautiful boat though.

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
                        Haven't ridden the RZX2 yet. Buddy had a loaner one this weekend. Said it's good, similar to his RZX3, but tipped his hat to the dialed 3. To that point his dialed RZX3 wave is money. Also he said lots more spray came over the RZX2 bow in rough water and rollers, which is a show stopper on our lake. Rough water is a fact of life during day boating.

The 2 has a higher ceiling then the 3, thats a cold hard fact.
                        Germaine Marine

Comment

4 inches narrower at the bottom of the hull, with the same running surface area as the 3. Boat can get deeper and stay cleaner when running the weight needed to make it pump.

The top cap is a lot less tall, but I cant see how anyone would be taking waves in that boat unless running 400 lbs of lead in the bow.
                          Germaine Marine

Comment

If it gets me wet as a sea otter going across Okoboji, it's not going to work for us. I don't have the glass Cali lakes like you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
                              And oh by the way, I rode the Bu again this morning, and I may have been a bit too smoked on Fireball yesterday, because the wave slid back toward the "meh" rating today. Decent, a bit too mellow for my liking. Very "skimmy" if that's a word.
                              Really beautiful boat though.

You are my favorite...... Fireball makes me time travel so makes sense lol. I share a similar opinion as your last. Rollie and on the softer side......... but such is life with surfgate...
                              Germaine Marine

Comment

Working...
                              X