X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liquid Lumens Underwater LEDs

Anyone seen these or tried them?

https://www.liquidlumens.com/shop/al...cts/surfrider/

Looks like they have more lumens and slightly cheaper than seablaze x. Wondering if they might be brighter but if the quality is as good? To me they look just as good but brighter and cheaper.

What do you guys think about these?

Looks like they have more lumens and slightly cheaper than seablaze x
    Cant use advertised lumens from brands to compare each other. There is no standards.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Cant use advertised lumens from brands to compare each other. There is no standards.
      So your saying that they might not be that bright and the seablaze x would be better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The lumens spec applied to each light, is applied by the manufacturer. its derived through their own testing and by using what ever method and machine they choose. No way to use brand X advertised lumens to compare to brand Z advertised lumens. Doesnt mean the info is false. Does not mean one is or isnt brighter than the other. Just means you can use it to compare as they are not measured in the same way. The most reliable spec is the 12V DC current draw. Even then, there can be some difference in efficiency between the chips used. Lower efficient would = higher current draw with no more light output, higher efficient would = lower current draw and more output. Still not an exact comparison, but better than limens.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The lumens spec applied to each light, is applied by the manufacturer. its derived through their own testing and by using what ever method and machine they choose. No way to use brand X advertised lumens to compare to brand Z advertised lumens. Doesnt mean the info is false. Does not mean one is or isnt brighter than the other. Just means you can use it to compare as they are not measured in the same way. The most reliable spec is the 12V DC current draw. Even then, there can be some difference in efficiency between the chips used. Lower efficient would = higher current draw with no more light output, higher efficient would = lower current draw and more output. Still not an exact comparison, but better than limens.
          So seems to me that when i look at specs the liquid lumens would possibly be brighter than the seablaze x because of the amp draw, etc. if you were to compare them this way. Is this correct?

Comment

Amp draw is the best way to compare brightness between brands.

Comment

Amp draw is the best way to compare brightness between brands.
              Ok thanks for the good info Mike!

Has anyone here either tied these or had some experience with both?

In my opinion if I were to get these I would probably get white. What do you guys think color wise?

Comment

I looked at these too as I was planning to do the Seablaze X...but hard to find any "real life" reviews on them and from what I have seen on underwater lights, you basically get what you pay for. Be interested if anyone has used them on their boat too. I haven't pulled trigger yet cause I keep dropping money on other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by TigeFamily View Post
                  I looked at these too as I was planning to do the Seablaze X...but hard to find any "real life" reviews on them and from what I have seen on underwater lights, you basically get what you pay for. Be interested if anyone has used them on their boat too. I haven't pulled trigger yet cause I keep dropping money on other stuff.
                  I see what you say by you get what you pay for but they are only a little bit cheaper and if you want to spend more you can get the ones that are more direct which is supposed to be brighter.

I looked at the pictures on their website and they seem to be pretty bright and no different than the x.

Also as mike said about the amp draw it sounds like these liquid lumens would be very bright.

Comment

If you are spending the money and doing the work Lifeform 9s are worth looking at...you get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                      If you are spending the money and doing the work Lifeform 9s are worth looking at...you get what you pay for.
                      I second that!

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                        Any pictures of these in the water and brightness.

Comment

How would you say the LF 9 compare to the seablaze x

Comment

IMG_1135.jpg taking decent pictures of them is not easy. But they are plenty bright for what they need to be, the whole boat glows while surfing. Here's a cool video from wake9 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X4lUsYVXhgo

Comment

pair of LF9 green in a red clay bottom lake. Not having done a side by side, same color comparison, I think they are very close with the edge maybe going to the X. The Lifeform is a quality light. Well built
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X