Check engine any ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check engine any ideas

2016 rz2 28.5 hours. Seems to run okay but the beep every few seconds will drive you nuts. Have about 3 hours on it this season this happened when I filled it up and started to surf.

I will have to check tomorrow on my handy dandy Indmar DTC sheet, but if memory serves me correctly this is a fault for an O2 sensor. There's four total so cant remember which is which. Will post response for you tomorrow.

Comment

try hard resetting it...

battery off 5 min, then 5 full ignition cycles
      Germaine Marine
      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

I'm sure code will return even if it's cleared. Not causing him any problems besides an annoying beep, and ecm is probably not going into closed loop, or a CL+adapt.

Comment

You can also put tape over the speaker under the dash
          Germaine Marine
          "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

That code is for an o2 sensor. Bank 1 sensor 2. Sensor 2 is downstream of the cat and does not effect operation. it just measures how the cat is performing. Try the code clear that Elevated recommended and get it fixed if it comes back.

Comment

Found this on indmar. 3256 open lazy and thank you guys o2 sensor issue it is.

I put an fae on any chance this is the issue or is it just bad luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Doubtful that it's related, lots of FAE in use without an issue.

Comment

My dealer is 7 hours each way from my house. Is this one hard to get at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Super easy, threads into top of cat on port side.

Comment

It will help to pick up the correct socket. Pretty much a must. Available at any decent auto parts store...as well as the O2 sensor. It is a wideband O2.. should have a blue sheath on wires. Look to see if it has water on the tip of it...if it does your gasket at vband clamp is probably not seated in the right spot. If it's wet it will continue to fail.

Comment

ALSO, for everyone with CAT systems on their exhaust, use only the synthetic oil recommended by the manufacturer. We've run into countless O2 failures as a result of people using regular dino oil. The phosphorus content in the oil causes the sensors to fail over a short period of time and it becomes a giant PITA. Good luck!
                        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
                        X