X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Z3

My son is looking at a 14 Z3, comments and opinions please

Thx!

Hrs, engine size, ballast , stereo , surf bimity, heater,shower vx or non vx ? I would find out what all options it has and go from there. Also the z3 is a proven boat all the way around but condition is def key and if it's bn taking care of or hammered on
    surf till u die.

Comment

X2 on 18c's questions/points.
      Z3 is tried and true. Also depends on if you are looking to predominantly surf, wakeboard, ski, tube etc. Is definitely a purpose built boat. As long as it fits your needs for what you want to do on the water then it is great. If all you want to do is slalom, tube, and camp....well. Some had issues with medallion box, but at this point original owners have had to deal with it and now personally haven't seen problems with them in quite a while.
      Otherwise it's all options. Think the only ones 18c forgot is trailer... 14s vs 18s, light options on trailers, underwater lights.
      Service record and how it was cared for/stored would drive my decision, but I'm just a poor tech.

Comment

It has the inmar 6.0. With 95 hours. Heater with three vents. Factory ballast with upgraded 1100# bags in the rear with upgraded pumps and transfer pump between bags. Wet sound stereo with rev 10's, surf bimity, and shower, and vx. The boat belonged to the dealer owner and was not beat up but had minor issues (courtesy lights didn't work nor the lights by the the bags, the box around the engine bay had been broke by the bag, the stereo box cover had been broke and some of the trim on the dash was peeling back, and taps won't go below a 2) however everything mechanically checked out. This is the first time purchasing a tige and realize it's used so are these common flaws, every boat has its tweaks? Also came with the trailer with guide lights but those do not work. Generally looking for a surf boat but a little tubing wake boarding for the kids. Definitely looking for opinions on the z3.

Comment

This a big move for him and his wife, both very excited and have been looking and wanting to make sure!
          They don't want to make a mistake. Thx for the help as you can see my son chimed in.
          Last edited by tige2ski; 06-04-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

In the interest of full disclosure, after reading posts and seeing y'alls location, I know this boat and owner as it's where I work. I assure I have no vested interest in you guys buying the boat, I just wrench on em and get to play with them.
            That's being said the Z3 is a great boat. Certainly haven't talked to a single customer that purchased one and regretted it. We have already had two customers this year trade in their 2-3 year old z3s for a new Z3 if that's any indicator of how people feel about this model.
            Our old shop boat was a z3 and loved it. Great wave when you get your setup dialed in. I would talk to elevatedconcept here on the forum and get his opinion as well. He's out a lot on his Z3. Hopefully more people will chime in as well. Great purpose built boat with decent storage, nice riding/driving boat considering it's size, easy to set up, and relatively easy to work on if you are the diy type.

Comment

We traded our 2014 Z3 for a 2017 RZX3 last year. Loved the Z3. We mostly surfed, tubed or cruised with it. Took the neighbor's wakeboarding (some pretty serious amateur boarders) and they were impressed with the wake. We upgraded for the larger surf wave the RZX3 delivered and being 6'6", I REALLY enjoy the taller tower on the '17 models. We had 135 hours on our boat and had the dealer handle all service. Other than losing prime on a ballast pump, I can't think of any issues we had with the boat. We store our boat on a lift year round so can't speak to trailers as we didn't buy one. I would highly recommend a Z3.

Ours had the surf ballast and standard engine.

Comment

Z3 is one of the best looking boats on the water. Very weight sensitive though.

IMG_5900.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X