Custom Taps Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Taps Plate

Hey guys, so i was talking to 18cracing about his custom taps plates that he builds. I totally am for what he is doing and not trying to take anything away from him because i think that its awesome , but just want to see what everyone's opinions are on a different taps plate. A plate with a different size basically.

Also if anyone has tried different size, shape, etc taps plates or one of 18c's and have any pictures of before and after surf waves or describe what it did for your wave that would be great. And again I totally trust 18c in what he says this will do (more push, longer, cleaner) but was just looking for some more opinions on this.

I also saw that Ragboy did something like this as well if anyone knows about what he did as well.

Thanks

I also just saw that it looks like on the newer models that tige increased the size of the taps plate. Does anyone know how this is supposed to work and how well it would work on older models (2009)?
    Thanks again

Comment

What 18cracing plate did to my wave is smoothed out the face and transition witch helped with the length. I’m running 2014 Z3 w/VX modified and wake9’s custom sacks. Here are stock plate and after 18cracings plate pics.2.jpg1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by wetcowboy View Post
        What 18cracing plate did to my wave is smoothed out the face and transition witch helped with the length. I’m running 2014 Z3 w/VX modified and wake9’s custom sacks. Here are stock plate and after 18cracings plate pics.[ATTACH]45758[/ATTACH][ATTACH]45759[/ATTACH]
        Wow looks great, looks like it really helped out. And maybe more push also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone know what the reason was for increasing the size on the newer models and dimensions of the newer, larger taps plate?

Comment

Originally posted by wetcowboy View Post
            What 18cracing plate did to my wave is smoothed out the face and transition witch helped with the length. I’m running 2014 Z3 w/VX modified and wake9’s custom sacks. Here are stock plate and after 18cracings plate pics.[ATTACH]45758[/ATTACH][ATTACH]45759[/ATTACH]
            Hi. I’m curious what the post installation looks like on your Z3. I have a 2015 Z3 with Taps2. Has the wake shape plate as wide as the swim platform, plus the single center taps plate below. Does your Z3 have that big wide wake shape plate from stock? Did you leave that in place, plus add the additional trim tabs?

Comment

Working...
            X