Which Wake Shaper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Wake Shaper?

I'm trying to decide on a wake shaper. I really like the looks and price of the nauticurl. I've heard good reviews on the quickshift and like that it's adjustable. Do any of you have any personal experience with either of these or another you would recommend? Is it necessary to be able to adjust the angle? Anybody had one on a z3 with vx?

Thanks!

I had a vx on my 2014 rz2 and I ended up changing the angle of my vx and also I build custom taps plates so I installed one of my plates as well and my wave is a monster .image.jpg
    surf till u die.

Comment

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807072

Comment

Here ya go. Nauticurl, Z3, VX, custom bags, taps 3, 11.6 mph. Surfer is 5'9. Best I've ridden.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! Can't get any closer to my boat than that!! I think i'm going to order the new version that floats. It will be a couple weeks but our weekends are slammed with baseball until July anyway. How far back can you surf. Wave looks great!

Comment

Tied mine to a large float and had zero issues. Not sure about how far back other than to say I've never surfed so far back or been able to recover from so far back.

Comment

I've tried 3 on my boat: The Mission Delta, The Ronix Wakeshaper and my home made "suck-gate." To me the results with all 3 were extremely similar, the Ronix was my least fav as you had to attach velcro to your boat and I didn't think it stuck well either. The mission and my suck-gate were the best performers and seeing as my suck gate cost me less than $50 to make it is my fav! I'm going to Powell next week with my family and my brother has the Nauticurl and I'll try and take pics to compare....but for what it's worth I still think my listed wave is best, but having the convenience of just swapping the wake shaper instead of constantly emptying and filling bags is hard to beat.

Comment

Nauticurl just came out with a floating one! Not sure if it's available yet
                Last edited by bsreid; 06-03-2017, 12:48 AM.

Comment

I have a Nauticurl and also had good results....not a Z3 tho. If you do get one, tie the lanyard to a fender and lay it on sundeck, done tie to boat. I would do that with any suck gate unless it floats well.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                    Nauticurl just came out with a floating one! Not sure if it's available yet
                    I saw a post about this on WW. It sounds like they are taking preorders. It looks lime they added form to the backside (as in toward the rear of the boat) The foam is black and this is the part that floats. It may not look as cool, but it would be nice to be a bright green or orange foam so it stands out making it easier to locate and for other boaters to notice.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
                    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by 18c racing View Post
                      I had a vx on my 2014 rz2 and I ended up changing the angle of my vx and also I build custom taps plates so I installed one of my plates as well and my wave is a monster .[ATTACH]45738[/ATTACH]
                      What model boats do the plates fit?

Comment

Lee, they will fit on any boat. I ran the nauticurl on my '04 22v for the first time today.
                        It worked fantastic on both sides.

Comment

I was talking about the custom plates.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                            What model boats do the plates fit?
                            I was talking to 18cracing about these and if I am not mistaken they fit all tiges with taps System but I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                            X