New Interior in my RZ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Interior in my RZ4

Well the boat is 9 years old and has just under 400 hours on the clock (had 125 when I bought it in the middle of 2013). The original "silver" vinyl was cracking and the black vinyl accents are just a bad idea in Arizona. I got a hell of a deal (bad job estimating) at a local shop and got all of the vinyl replaced for $2K. Chose a lime green accent to replace the black and some of the silver. Stayed with the while and light grey in the factory locations. Got a much heavier marine grade material than factory that should wear pretty well. Overall I am very happy with it, only been out once some taking the pics and new vinyl is tightening up nicely in the corners.

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3745.jpg

IMG_3747.jpg

IMG_3748.jpg

That thing came out beautiful man.... I am a freak about vinyl and those photos looks awesome
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Thank you, we will likely change out the carpet for Seadek. Already feels like a new boat, once the flooring is done I think it will be good for another 400 hours!

Comment

You got a great deal. It'll be like a new boat w/new flooring too.
        Steven Wellman, Tige owner since 2017

Comment

He might not be very good at estimating but he sure knows his way around a sewing machine. That back "sofa" piece is a PITA! Just out of curiosity, how long did it take?
          Last edited by alwayssummer; 06-01-2017, 02:18 PM.
          Sometimes you have to do what feels good, rather than what feels right.

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

Originally posted by dj2 View Post
              Thank you, we will likely change out the carpet for Seadek. Already feels like a new boat, once the flooring is done I think it will be good for another 400 hours!
              Wow, the project looks great. Just a suggestion, if you haven't, check out the Deckadence marine flooring
              http://marineflooring.net/
              it can also be purchased here
              http://www.jimsmarineflooring.com/de...arine_flooring

If you do this yourself (see tutorials on deckadence page) you will only have about +/-$600 in material cost and in my opinion a better feeling flooring. You will still need to remove your carpet and prep the floor with some sort of top coat, but the finish quality of that top coat will not nearly need to be as nice as it will be completely covered and the deckadence does not need to adhere to the floor like SeaDek/Gator Step.

I have had boats with both. The deckadence is nicer under foot, easier to keep clean and honestly seems to hold up better over time. The sand and water just flow through the deckadence, it can easily be removed and flushed out. The deckadence seems to stay cooler on hot days and seems warmer underfoot on cool days (since the water flows through).

Also, to be clear, I have no affiliation with the company, just really like their product. I liked it enough in our Tige that when we had our G23 (famous for SeaDek), we had a deckadence mat made for it and had a cut out to access the floor cooler. So, we ultimately covered the SeaDek and never looked back. We will be doing the floor in our boat (22Ve) this fall as well. I just wish I could come up with a way to attach the deckadence to the platform and walk through as well...we like it that much!

On a side note, here is a product we are considering to coat our exposed fiberglass floor once we remove the carpet
              http://www.rustoleum.com/product-cat.../topside-paint
              "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

He started it on 5/15, worked through the weekend and finished on 5/22

Comment

Thanks for the info, I will definitely check it out!

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
                  Wow, the project looks great. Just a suggestion, if you haven't, check out the Deckadence marine flooring
                  http://marineflooring.net/
                  it can also be purchased here
                  http://www.jimsmarineflooring.com/de...arine_flooring

If you do this yourself (see tutorials on deckadence page) you will only have about +/-$600 in material cost and in my opinion a better feeling flooring. You will still need to remove your carpet and prep the floor with some sort of top coat, but the finish quality of that top coat will not nearly need to be as nice as it will be completely covered and the deckadence does not need to adhere to the floor like SeaDek/Gator Step.

I have had boats with both. The deckadence is nicer under foot, easier to keep clean and honestly seems to hold up better over time. The sand and water just flow through the deckadence, it can easily be removed and flushed out. The deckadence seems to stay cooler on hot days and seems warmer underfoot on cool days (since the water flows through).

Also, to be clear, I have no affiliation with the company, just really like their product. I liked it enough in our Tige that when we had our G23 (famous for SeaDek), we had a deckadence mat made for it and had a cut out to access the floor cooler. So, we ultimately covered the SeaDek and never looked back. We will be doing the floor in our boat (22Ve) this fall as well. I just wish I could come up with a way to attach the deckadence to the platform and walk through as well...we like it that much!

On a side note, here is a product we are considering to coat our exposed fiberglass floor once we remove the carpet
                  http://www.rustoleum.com/product-cat.../topside-paint

Comment

That looks awesome!
                    surf till u die.

Comment

Looks awesome. Love the sticker saying" this boat runs on gas not thanks. "

Comment

Originally posted by Jwolfe View Post
                        Looks awesome. Love the sticker saying" this boat runs on gas not thanks. "
                        Lol thanks! The plaque is a joke with some friends. It does get some odd looks when we have new people come with us. I usually let them stew for a bit before I tell them it is a joke ��

Comment

Originally posted by dj2 View Post
                          Thanks for the info, I will definitely check it out!
                          You might check this too. It would look great with your interior.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ad-On-A-Budget
                          If it was easy, everybody would do it!
                          www.WakeGarage.com

Comment

Working...
                          X