2015 z3 touchscreen issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 z3 touchscreen issue

Had my 15 out in Powell this weekend and it was glorious. However one problem. After battery power turned on via the main switch in back, all worked great for about hour. After about hour of running the touchscreen would go rouge. Like a button was constantly being pressed. That would make it jump between screens and get stuck on one eventually without ability to adjust anything. Two worst examples were once it commanded and filled a front ballast on its own. Another time at dusk, we had "all lights on" and on that screen it started to jump around and turn different lights on and off. It's haunted. Anyway figured out pretty quick that cutting battery power and restarting fixed it for an hour or so. Just Turing the screen off, or the key or the accessory button did nothing to fix. The screen would come back up stuck in same menu.

Anybody have anything similar? Advice? Don't think dealer be able to replicate easily due to it working for like hour before going crazy.

Sounds very similar to my problem that I just posted. We'll see who has suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I also have a 15 Z3 and when it was brand new i was constantly having issues like what you are talking about. When I took it back to the dealer he said there was a software update and he said they updated it and since then I haven't noticed it doing it any more.

Although on our last trip we did have an issue with the speedometer going crazy and jumping all over the place. But I don't think it was problem with the touchscreen. After restarting the boat and the stereo a couple of times, I was about to throw my hands in the air, we shut everything of and were just sitting in the boat and we heard this sound of water rushing in. My first thought was some how the plug had worked its way out, but anyway it make a gurgling sound for a few seconds and stopped and after that the speedometer worked.

Comment

Tige is working through some issues with the prolso-charge. Some of the auto isolators by mariner are not dictating priority in regards to charge. One way to check this is to see what the batteries are reading on the TT2 when having the problems. My guess is you are having issues while the boat is in the "On" position and that if you check the voltage you will have somewhere in the range of 10.8-11-5 showing.... One way to see if this is the problem is when having the issues, switch the switch to combine. If the readings for the house shoot back up and your problems instantly are fixed then thats the problem. If not, its something else.
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

I have been running in combined while this was happening. Showing 14-14

Comment

Then you have another issue
            Germaine Marine
            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Same here on my '15 - had TT issues for the last 2 seasons at least once a trip. I also have run the switch in combine as the "on" position will only charge 1 battery. This winter the dealer warrantied the switch - worked for about 4 hours and now back to running in combine...

On my TT issue, we have updated the software which didn't have any affect. I haven't been able to get the screen warrantied yet, but hopefully soon...

Comment

Ugh. Thank you guys for sharing. If we learn of any fixes please let me know.

Comment

I've been having this exact same issue on my 15 for a few months. But lately it's become progressively worse. I finally called my dealer to explain the problem. They acted as though it was fairly common. Even stating they had a new screen in stock. They said once it starts acting up there is really nothing to do but replace the whole thing. I'm taking it in early next week.
                  BABz - babzusa.com
                  Austin, TX

Comment

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
                    Same here on my '15 - had TT issues for the last 2 seasons at least once a trip. I also have run the switch in combine as the "on" position will only charge 1 battery. This winter the dealer warrantied the switch - worked for about 4 hours and now back to running in combine...
                    That's weird.

Comment

Tige replaced mine last year after several software updates didn't fix the problem, but it's already acted up this year. I'm really thinking it has something to do with the battery switch/ auto charge isolator

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I recently bought a used 15 z1 that has TAPS3 installed. I am having these same issues with my touch screen. Did anyone figure out if it was caused by the battery switch or auto charge isolator? Mine even automatically switches from surf left to surf right. It is very frustrating.

Comment

I'm checking in on the thread. Anyone ever find any answers to glitchy TT?

Mines a 15 z3

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The screen is bad and needs to be replaced.
                            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Weird! Just replaced mine.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X