Tige touch acting up again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige touch acting up again.

2016 RZR. The touch screen ( computer) does some crazy things like activate auto taps and constantly switch back and forth from 1-3. The home screen scrolls from page to page. It's not constant but has happened both times out this year. Same problem last year and dealer replaced the touch unit. It must be something else causing it. I have a video of the screen acting up but can't figure out how to load with Tapatalk app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen the screens do odd things if the house battery is low on power...is it constantly doing something or is it intermittent? If it is constant try hooking a jumper pack up to the battery and see if the problem is resolved if so I would believe it is a voltage issue.

Comment

It's intermittent, but I fully charge both batteries before the first time out. I wonder if there could be a connection somewhere that may be slightly loose?

Comment

I did notice on the video I took when the screen was scrolling that the house and crank voltages where at 14 each. So I think my house battery isn't the issue.

Comment

Yes same thing mine is doing. Let me know if you learn anything. Turning my batteries off then back on makes it work again, but eventually the crazy comes back.

Comment

On the TT, put both batteries volt readings on the screen display. Run the boat in "on" and see what the batteries are reading. Prolsochare Isolators are having some issues..... They arent giving priority to low house batteries and switching over, instead only charging the crank battery while letting the house go dead.

If readings are low but you cant tell, during the intermitent issues, switch from on to combine. If the problem goes away instantly you have found the issue. If you are under 12 volts while running the system isnt correctly dictating charge.

I could be mistaken but I believe Tige is telling dealers to go to blue ACR for the units that are malfunctioning
            Germaine Marine
            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Thanks. I will try that and see what happens.

Comment

I have been running with the switch on combine. Always shows 14-14

Comment

Ps you shouldnt be running with it in combined, should be in the On position.
                  Germaine Marine

Comment

Just a guess. It can be a loose contact somewhere on the NMEA bus or power supply to electronics. Sometimes it is loose ground. Do you see it when the engine not runing and no vibration?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks elevated. I'll start doing that. Shoulda read the whole manual lol. What's the reason not to?

Comment

In combine, its drawing from both banks all the time. Im sure CHP can chime in, but in essence if you were to stop off and shut the boat off and run the stereo or other devices, light etc for a long time you can drain and kill both batteries.

In 'ON' it will isolate the house from the crank and at worse you will run the house all the way down with the cranking remaining un affected. House dies, you fire the boat up and the system charges the battery in need which would be the house shortly after the crank is replenished from the start.
                        Germaine Marine

Comment

Combine saved my *** one time coming down river at night. My prolsocharge went out and as I motored along I started losing things, lights flickering first, TT second and then the motor and ECU. Didnt know about the system, switched to combine boat fired up and ran great the whole trip just had to be mindful of switching it off of combine when stopped.
                          Germaine Marine

Comment

I had similar issues on my 16 z3. They had to replace the head unit and then go through a series of updates. My GPS mapping is still not working though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by talltxnguy View Post
                              I had similar issues on my 16 z3. They had to replace the head unit and then go through a series of updates. My GPS mapping is still not working though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                              Did your GPS work with the old screen? Maybe they forgot to switch the nav card from the old screen to the new one. (assuming you had a nav card in the old one)

Comment

Working...
                              X