Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 R20 engine light on

Hello,

We recently purchased a 2016 Tige r20 (new), and have put 12-15 hours on it so far. Our second time out, we made it to the middle of the lake when we stopped to put up the bimini, and the red triangle light started flashing saying something about "active faults." I clicked engine diagnostics, and the touch screen was allowing me to switch between the current active faults, and some other set ( Sorry if I'm butchering this explanation, I have no idea what any of this means.) The top options values had a bunch of numbers, but on the bottom option- all the values were at 0.

I was able to get the beeping and warning to go away by turning the boat off, turning the battery switch off, and then back on again. We went the rest of the day without any beeping.

We had the boat out again yesterday (our 5th trip), and the warning/beeping started again. This time I could not get it to go away, and I could not figure out how to toggle between the active/non active faults in order to rid the beeping.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I'm sure something like this is covered by the warranty - but we'd like to go out again tomorrow and there is obviously no way we are getting work done before then.

Thank you,

Mine did the same thing. I changed my low fuel warning and it never came back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Without knowing what the Trouble Code is it is hard to guess what your problem might be. I believe there is a way to display the trouble code on the dashboard but I am not sure how to do it. If whatever is causing the buzzer to sound is not limiting the engine RPM it is most probably not a serious issue. I would check the water flow sensor and make sure the paddlewheel does not have any debris in it that is preventing it from spinning.

Comment

The R-series wont give you an active fault to my knowledge, TT2 will.

The hard reset for the system is batteries off for 5 min, and then 5 ignition cycles from off to full start up. That should clear the system.

Without knowing, I would guess you got a water flow below threshold warning and those stay on for that cycle mentioned above.
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
        X