Boat listing while driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat listing while driving

Alright there has to be a simple solution ... when my father in law drives the boat solo he says the boat lists pretty badly to his side (granted he is 250+). Is there a setting I can adjust without filling ballast on the opposite side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What boat?if its a z then no. I leave around 150lbs of lead or so to offset the driver weight. It takes care of the problem.
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Totally forgot to list that ... yeah it's '15 Z1

Comment

The Z1 hulls are VERY weight sensitive with weight from side to side. When we had ours, we actually were more concerned where people were sitting when cruising than surfing. If the weight is not balances well, you don't want to remove you hand from the wheel at cruising speeds, she will pull to a side. That is also why they are good surf hulls, you can lean them easily to displace water.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
        "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

What's your taps set at? Try running it at least at a 3.

Comment

Thanks I'll get him to try that ... probably runs it at a 1 (since that's how it starts out)!

Comment

As Dandy said they are weight sensitive, I would go a step further and call them ultra weight sensitive. Even 100lbs in any direction will cause a slight list while cruising. Moving the Taps around will help a bit it's probably gonna like Taps at 2/3.
              My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Working...
              X