Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sirius xm installation options

Hi guys,
    I was wondering something and maybe some of you have the answer.
    I installed my Sirius device on my z1. I already had the Sirius headunit with subscription so simply purshace an SRA-25 galaxy antenna and plug the device in the AUX and 12V like the first picture below.
    But the sound quality is not very good. probably because it's AUX plugged and not directly in the tuner.

So my question is their a possible way to connect my Sirius device In the Polk headunit?
    Or any option to solve my problem without paying another subscription?

I know the Polk is sxm ready and simply plug the SVX300 tuner in. But with this option I need a additional subscription wich I don't really need because I can bring my Sirius radio in my home theater and my boat.
    If there is no way I think I will try to plug a better AUX cable.

(Sorry for the inverted picture! Don't know why it upload like that.. tried several times and always come up like that)

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Its likely over saturating the the AUX input. Does your SAT tuner have volume? If so, try turning it down. Does the polk have AUX sensitivity level adjustment? if so, try turning it down a little. That is the only way for your current sat tuner to interface with the Polk.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I can confirm Mike knows his stuff on this one -- I had the same issue (though different setup), and when I turned the audio output level setting all the way down on the SAT tuner, it sounds just fine through the AUX input.

Comment

Thanks guys.
        Tried several things and didn't work out.
        I don't have any sound level on the SAT tuner. I played with the aux sensitivity it helps but still sound not fair enough.
        Tried to find some sort of cable that can relied my radio holder to the data input of the Polk headunit but find nothing either haha.

I will purshace a SVX300 tuner And plug it directly in the Polk headunit. Since I already have the antenna the tuner itself is really cheap on amazon and a thing I wasn't know is that Sirius have special offer when you already have a subscription! Wich is really convenient.
        Thanks guys
        Last edited by Mike88; 05-27-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X