Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 RZ2 general thoughts

Hey everyone,
    Been awhile since I have been on. Last night I sold my 2001 21V Limited, Great boat.
    I'm looking at a 2008 RZ2, It has the Marine Power 340, factory ballast 900lbs it think, Z-Tech transmission.
    What is everyone thoughts or concerns I should think about or look at 329 hrs.

Thanks in advance.

Sam
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

My buddy just sold a 99 2100V and bought an 08 RZ4. He's in love is all I can tell you and the boat is for sure constructed better than the 99 which wasn't bad it's just better for sure and convex V. The rear corners require custom built bags to get good weight in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    71 Cut Supreme, 70 3 Door Suburban, 08 Tahoe LTZ, 12 F21 Surf Machine!
    http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/onetogofast/IMG_4360.jpg

Comment

Well, by the response RZ2 is the way to go
      I haven't see the boat in person yet. Drive to KC to look at it this week sometime.
      I am concerned with the seats. Seems like there was issues with the material and this having 323 hrs, I should sees signs. Sales person says there is great shape, we shall see.

Sam
      15 Escalade ESV-Black
      08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Little late finding your thread, what did you think of the boat? I don't think there was factory ballast available in an 08, nevertheless you're going to need a lot more than 900lbs of ballast, more like 2400lbs to get the job done. 323hrs is pretty low. I purchased my 08 RZ2 at the end of 2015 with just over 200hrs, since then I have put over 120 hrs on it.
        If I'm not surfing, I'm making money to surf.

Comment

My boy has the same model year. It's a fantastic boat for surfing and waking. The interior is roomy and comfy. Haven't seen any issue with his vinyl at all. The big drawback on these year boats is the swim deck size and shape. It cuts into the water when listed and destroys your surfing wave. Probably wouldn't be an issue with a wakeshaper running more level but I haven't seen one on his boat yet. There's been several threads on here of guys cutting them and reshaping, building a new one outta wood, or putting on a later year swim deck from a more recent boat. I can't imagine cutting and glassing the edges would cost more than a couple hundo if you're handy enough to do it yourself. Guessing buying a replacement would be into the low thousands.
          I personally love that boat though, the pickle fork bow is nice and roomy. I woulda bought one myself but they were out of my price range at the time. I basically have the same boat minus the bow.
          Hope this helps man! Happy shopping

Comment

The RZ2 is a great boat. Yes the upholstery had some issues. I have a 2007 with 1100LBS on one side and 1200 on the other. Mikes liquid audio can set you up. They are L shaped sacs. Also mine has a 2010 or 2011 swim platform on it so the wake wont get cut. Great boat.
            Last edited by sledhead004; 06-10-2017, 02:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Also late to the thread. I couldn't imagine my life without my boat. As all have said before, swim deck and upholstery. Mine did not come with factory ballast but I'm told that's a good thing. There is a lot of info on here about cutting down the swim deck. I completely redid my upholstery, installed my own ballast, now I'm working on getting this suck-gate craze. Bottom line, 08 RZ2 is great.
              Sometimes you have to do what feels good, rather than what feels right.

Comment

Working...
              X