New to me Tige 22v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me Tige 22v

So tomorrow I am on my way to pick up my "new to me" 2003 22v Riders, only gonna be about 12 hours round trip drive.

Coming from a 84 nautique 2001 I can't wait for some extra room. Only major issue I know of is the taps gauge doesn't work, and as soon as I can I'm gonna be looking for those green wires. I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions to come. Just thought I would stop and say HI

Lucky

I have an 05 22v Riders Edition. Basically the same boat/hull as you I believe. We really enjoy ours. The taps reminds me of the trim on an I/o. Definitely get the gauge fixed asap as you'll reference it all the time. We surfed a bunch last summer and had a lot of fun. I upgraded the ballast this spring and will be able to offer some hints shortly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

We had an '03 22v, it was a great start and got us thoroughly hooked on surfing. It also turned into a really good investment as we got a great trade-in value when buying our new boat.

Plenty of advice on here on getting a good wake and how to fix any of the little things that will start popping up.

When we got ours, the Taps gauge wasn't working either -- for me, it turned out the gauge was fine, it was the wiring in the handle to the switch that was shorted, and the previous owner had just bypassed everything with a manual up/down switch. I rewired using some 4-conductor wire and a new carlisle switch in the handle, and it worked perfectly after that.

And that's how it starts. Coming from I/Os, we loved the room of the 22v, yet after awhile, it started to feel cramped (4 adults, 4 kids), and now we're loving all the space of the Z3.

Comment

I have an 03 22v limited. I came from a 92 master craft pro star 205. So I know the feeling. I love how deep the boat is. They ride nice and throw a nice wake for both wakeboarding and surfing. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours. My buddy liked it so much he found a 2004 22v riders. Which we just finished ballast install. Post some pictures up!!

Comment

Working...
        X