Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21V Riders Edition Winter Project

Hi!
    A while ago i bought an old 2000 tigé 21V riders edition. Although the engine was in good condition, all the electric components of the boat were not working. Moreover the switch panel was broken and very ugly. So I decided to start the makeover by drawing a new switch panel to replace the original one, and also another one to add 3 switches for a ballast. In order to do this, I started by removing the old button panel and then drawing the outline of the original switch panel in a millimetric paper. Then, I scanned the drawings and imported the image onto SolidWorks. After that I just had to use splines to replicate the outline. Hope you enjoy the pictures. Further on, I will share the electrical details of the circuits that I've been working on. IMG_6708.jpgIMG_6820.jpgIMG_6730.jpgIMG_7214.jpgIMG_7831.jpgIMG_7866.jpgIMG_7897.jpgIMG_7922.jpgtige_ballast.jpgtige_dash.jpg

Nice work!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

These look great!! Are you going to make a set to go around the gauges too? If so do you want to make and sell a set?

Comment

Looks really good! If my plan of driving my wife crazy this summer by throwing the pump over the side and manually filling bags every time out works, and I get the green light to plumb in the bags then I would be interested in ballast plate.

What bags are you going to be installing?

Comment

Hi! thanks a lot Cubby_Z Yes I plan on making that one too. Although it will be a bit more tricky since it is not "planar" and also because it needs to have supports for the gauges. But yes. I will definitely give it a try. I will be happy to share the drawings for that one too

Comment

I installed two Straight Line Sumo V Sac (600 lbs) on rear left and right and I have a Fly High Pro X Series Tube Sac (370 lbs) on the bow. I can't really say how's the wake going to look like because last year the taps was not working and due to that the wake was a disaster... I managed to fix it now, so I hope I will be able to test it this summer

Comment

Here's some more pictures. I had to install new circuit breakers, so I thought... the hell with it, lets do it properly

2017-04-28 11.14.52.jpg2017-05-11 14.41.11.jpg2017-05-11 14.08.41.jpg2017-05-09 17.49.23.jpg2017-05-09 17.49.48.jpgIMG_0755.jpgIMG_0756.jpg

Comment

Looks great. I did basically the same thing to mine last spring along with adding the Hydrophase, but I went with fancier switches rather than etching the aluminum panel. I also just made myself a plug and play harness between the new switches and the old EMI module connector. Added a house battery and bus bar to split the power source for the accessories.

IMAG1676.jpg

Now working on my plumbed in ballast system and replacing the switch actuators on those last three switches.

Comment

Its beautiful, great work! I've thought about using those switches with fancy actuators but they were much more expensive. my old relay module (is that called EMI?) was not working at all. That why i decided to buy individual relays, circuit breakers and fuses and wire everything from scratch.

Comment

Super dope for lack of better words! Nice choice on the interior color... I am seeing it more often now. Cannot wait to see more pictures! I want to do something similar to my rocker panel as a few of the switches have bad/loose connections and I just somehow keep getting luck and the lights/blower have been functioning after a few love taps..

Comment

Originally posted by arrozao View Post
                      Its beautiful, great work! I've thought about using those switches with fancy actuators but they were much more expensive. my old relay module (is that called EMI?) was not working at all. That why i decided to buy individual relays, circuit breakers and fuses and wire everything from scratch.
                      Yeah, my EMI module was on its way out. Had to re-pin the connector to move the blower to one of the ACC push buttons the last year I still had it in the boat. I just reused all of the after-module wiring through the breakers and fuses as it was when I removed my module. I would have preferred to have completely rewired it to where the breakers and fuses were in front of each switch so if one popped the switch wouldn't light up, but I didn't really want to put that much time into it. I already had the switches laying around, so I just had to buy the actuators.

Comment

Working...
                      X