Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time out this year!!! Here's to making the new boat my own.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time out this year!!! Here's to making the new boat my own.

Our long Montana winter finally succumbed to a few sunny days, so seeing that we had 82 degrees forecast today we took the kiddo out of school and hit the lake for a shakedown of the new fresh air exhaust, new Rockford stereo system, Hula boat cleaning product restored, poorly bled new surge brake system, upgraded and repaired ballast system.....
    What a successful fun day on the water! Everything was great (accept for that poorly bled brake system), the wave just isn't what I need to really surf without the leash yet, but we'll get there. Looks like we're adding the Nauticurl or Mission this week in order to improve the wave without more weight (currently 750 in each rear locker and 650 in the bow).9037.jpg9038.jpg

Looks like a great time. Glad most of the upgrades worked well. There are others that can tell you about the proper weight for your model so you can ride ropeless.
    That water and green landscape are amazing Good times ahead for your family this summer!
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Awesome man, looks like a great time. Plus it always nice to enjoy the fruits of you winter labors. Are you bleeding you own surge brakes or did a shop service your trailer??

Comment

The surge brakes are all good now, I left a bubble in there when I put the new master cylinder in and the jostling of towing made that obvious. I'm all good now and have much better brakes after bleeding them today. I ditched the vacuum system and did it the old fashioned way which was much more effective and quicker to get right.
        As far as weighting the boat goes, I've gotten all the great advice needed from reading this great forum for the past 9 months. If only someone could easily get my Perfect Pass to work. I've one of the few 2006 22v's with the throttle by wire and a Perfect Pass from the factory, that's going to be a fun one.
        I also forgot to mention the great new cover from Evolution covers and how much I enjoyed working with Cory to get there colors right.IMG_20170430_165326819.jpgIMG_20170430_165308989.jpg

Comment

There is a very extensive thread with the probable solution for your speed set upgrade.
          http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ight=speed+set

There is another thread, with information to switch out your speed set with a true Perfect Pass if your interested.
          Last edited by TeamAllen; 05-25-2017, 01:41 PM.
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
            There is a very extensive thread with the probable solution for your speed set upgrade.
            http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ight=speed+set

There is another thread, with information to switch out your speed set with a true Perfect Pass if your interested.
            Mike,
            Thanks for taking the time to link a post for me, unfortunately I actually have a real Perfect Pass for a dbw system that is discussed in a couple threads on here from back in the 2006 era. I supposedly can make it work, but when the previous owner let the block freeze at 200 hours of use, the dealer that replaced the motor also replaced the harness which will require some modification to make the perfect pass work. Knowledge on this topic is extremely limited as far as my searches have found, but I have some options to try that involve removing a specific wire from a pin on the harness.
            Wish me luck.

Comment

Contact Perfect Pass. They have a lot of documentation/diagrams and are super helpful. Upgrade to the stargazer while you are at it.

Comment

Nice boat. I also just got a cover from Cory at evolution awesome to work with. Enjoy good looking boat.

Comment

Working...
                X