New Owner: 1998 2200i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Owner: 1998 2200i

New to the forum and new to Tige and I'm excited! First time boat owner but not first time boat guy. A few questions and I'm sure they're already answered somewhere on the forum but I figured this might be fast to get the info.
    I've got the 5.7 V8 Merc350 in it with 490 original hours. I'm looking to change out the oil right away and was curious to know what oil filter everyone is using as well as oil?? I will be cleaning this baby up this week and hopefully post some pictures by the weekend. Thanks for the help in advance.

Find an authorized mercruiser dealer and they will get you the proper filter. The are 2 that come to mind but they will know if you need the tall or short. I believe the carb takes the long and the MPI the short. I always used the Mercury brand.

Comment

Awesome thanks for the info!

Comment

Congrats on the boat purchase and welcome to the site. The Merc products are good. Oil Filter is 35-866340Q03

I use a Baldwin B360 for the oil filter purchased at my local truck supply and Shell Rotella 15W40 purchased at Walmart.
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Congrats on the new boat. Should have a serial number on the air inlet cover on top of the engine. Can use this to find parts lists and what the model os and find manuals for it. Advice i was given was to change the raw water impeller and exhaust riser gaskets as both of these will damage the engine if they fail.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the boat. We need pics.

I've been running Mobil 1 products on mine for years and years. Never had any issues.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

IMG_5470.jpg
              IMG_5472.jpgIMG_5471.jpg

A few pics, working on cleaning her up! Will post more soon, thanks for the help!

Comment

Welcome to the site. That's a good looking boat.

Comment

Spent the holiday weekend with my wife IMG_5475.jpgIMG_5489.jpgIMG_5490.jpgIMG_5492.jpgIMG_5496.jpgcleaning the exterior and interior. Looks like a new boat!

Comment

Looking good. Always like seeing the older boats taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                      Congrats on the boat purchase and welcome to the site. The Merc products are good. Oil Filter is 35-866340Q03

I use a Baldwin B360 for the oil filter purchased at my local truck supply and Shell Rotella 15W40 purchased at Walmart.
                      X2 on the Shell Rotella from Walmart... Such a great price and decent oil..been using it for years... I use a Napa Gold Oil Filter 1069

Congrats on the purchase! Such a classic model that is still very capable! Do some research and check out all the different setups people are running. TeamAllen can really help dial you in if you are going to start surfing...Looks like this one was garaged or covered at least.

Comment

I miss my ol' DD. Awesome boats! Welcome to Tige you won't be disappointed and one of the best owners forums out there.
                        My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Im the original owner of my 97 2200v. your boat is bullet proof if you take care of it.

Comment

Working...
                          X