2008 24ve vs 2009 22ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 24ve vs 2009 22ve

Starting to look at boats and was wondering if the 24ve and 22ve with have similar surf wakes when fully weighted for surfing. Also I like the room in the 24 but am wondering if the extra 2 feet than the 22 is really that much of a difference in space. Although I love the alpha z tower on the 09's.

I am not ready to buy yet just looking at these models so let me know what you guys think.

Comment

I don't have input on models or performance since I have not been behind both boats. I can tell you that if space/storage in a boat is a concern 2' can make a HUGE difference. I know it is not a fair comparison, but going from a Z1 at 21.5' to a G23 was huge, not just due to depth, but just cabin space. Other than the wide bow, going back to our 22Ve, at 22.5' that one foot is noticible comared to what I remember of the Z1. A bigger hull will take more weight the slam, but the bigger the hull, the more displacement equaling a larger wave/wake.

I felt the Alpha Z tower was a bit short, but it is very sturdy. Getting the tower on the 2009 is a definite plus. The E Series tower is OK but it has quite a bit of side to side movement. I haven't personally noticed much for rattles on either tower. I don't know if they have factory racks but the racks on the E Series tower suck.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Dandy; 05-17-2017, 01:10 AM.
      "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
        I don't have input on models or performance since I have not been behind both boats. I can tell you that if space/storage in a boat is a concern 2' can make a HUGE difference. I know it is not a fair comparison, but going from a Z1 at 21.5' to a G23 was huge, not just due to depth, but just cabin space. Other than the wide bow, going back to our 22Ve, at 22.5' that one foot is noticible comared to what I remember of the Z1. A bigger hull will take more weight the slam, but the bigger the hull, the more displacement equaling a larger wave/wake.

I felt the Alpha Z tower was a bit short, but it is very sturdy. Getting the tower on the 2009 is a definite plus. The E Series tower is OK but it has quite a bit of side to side movement. I haven't personally noticed much for rattles on either tower. I don't know if they have factory racks but the racks on the E Series tower suck.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
        Thanks dandy yeah I have been looking for a 2009 24ve but have only seen one and I don't like the color combo so if you see any would you let me know, thanks.

Comment

I have an 06 24ve with the E series tower. Yes the tower has some movement. Does it affect anything that I have noticed, no. The board racks suck, we had one break off while we were cruising down the lake. The surf wake is very good on the 24ve and has been documented here by many people. The wakeboard wake is good but finicky like most Tiges, weight distribution is the key and honestly its hard to get enough weight in the front of the boat for wakeboarding. It's a solid boat and I'd take 2' longer any day unless there is a storage or lake restriction issue.

Comment

I have a 09 22ve and I don't have any issues with it except that I would like to have the extra 2'. Only because I'm soon to be a family of 5 (now 4) and usually have other friends and kids out. The longer boat would put out a slightly better surf wave but mine puts out a fairly good monster as well and have no complaints. Otherwise, The 09 does have the slightly different interior the way the cushions are done and the alpha z is nice. I'm 6' and don't find it an issue....I've probably hit my head on the tower speakers more than I have ever hit the tower itself. The other update was the dash screen before it went to the full touch in 2010.

To me you really need to decide if the added length means much to you. If not I'd go for the 09.

Comment

Thanks everyone I think I am going to look at more 24ve's

Comment

Working...
              X