Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 RZR Ballast option.

Hey guys,
    What do you think about the surf XL Ballast on RZR taps3.
    I ain't get the chance to try it enough to know if it's enough weight.
    RZR came with 1600lb Ballast if I remember well. 2x600 rear, 2x200 front.

Our surf store have a huge discount this week on the 350lb fatsac (62"x10"x10") that goes under the side seat.
    Gonna Put it on the port side because everybody rides goofy.
    Just wondering if it's really a need, if it makes a huge difference or it's not essential the stock ballast already does a great job and keep that money for something else haha.
    Thanks

I would ditch that idea and get custom bags or lead so that the boat remained automated....
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Oh ok.
      You talk about custom bags where you Suggest to put them

And for the "automated" that doesn't bother me because I will only use it when I'm alone with my wife to compensate the driver weight. Not happen very much. 3 people in the boat + the rider most of the time

All I want to avoid is to have big bags on my floor or on the seats.
      Doesn't want to upgrade my stock ballast neither, I know my dealership can make me custom rear bags 1 100lb to replace mine but we talk a Thousand or 2.. Maybe in several years but not now.
      So this fatsac seemed to be a great compromise!
      Why not?
      Thanks
      Last edited by Mike88; 05-16-2017, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Clarify the model, RZR or Z1? I though the Z1 came with L shaped sac in the 900 lb range with the XL ballast option in 2016. 600 lbs in each rear locker was the old Pro level ballast that I thought went away after 2015.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I thought you upgraded to the z1?

With the rzr the w004 and w005 bags are great little additions.

Comment

Ok long story short.
            My cousin bought my 2016 RZR this winter.
            He was looking for his first boat and got a pretty good deal on a 2016 Z1 at the boat show. Not a better deal then my rzr but a very good deal. It was too expensive for him I knew that and in the other side when I bought my rzr last summer 0 z1 was available. So I propose him to buy my rzr so He would be capable to pay it and I'll take the Z1 deal.

But he don't talk a word in English (not my fault!) but he try sometimes pretty funny haha.

For me I have a 2016 Z1.
            Came with the 2,600 ( 2x900 rear, 2x400 bow front)
            For mine really no need to had weight. Plus I'm begining slalom and planning to make it more with years. So really no need to add weight on my own boat

My younger cousin is a different story haha he want the best you know when your young and fully energized haha.
            He always ask some advices and I try to answer the best I can but I'm kind of a newbie too with Tigé so I post here to have good advices and avoid telling him something wrong that I don't really know
            Thanks everyone!

And sometimes I'm probably gonna talk about one or the other
            Last edited by Mike88; 05-16-2017, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks bsreid.
              Yes probably be a great upgrade like you say. Was looking on that too but it's king of a huge upgrade flipping the 2 rear ballast. As you are Canadian like us you know that money exchange rate really sucks right now haha.
              So just the bags is about 1K plus the hand working. Like I said maybe he will in several years.
              But for now a 350 pounds on the port side can be beneficial? Trading the stock 600 rear for a 900 "L" type is kind of the same that adding 350 under the side seats no?
              Correct me if I'm wrong!
              Last edited by Mike88; 05-16-2017, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Ok, so we are talking RZR. If you dont mind the time to manually fill and drain then the Fly High W704 Tibe sac is a decent fit for that application.

Size wise, the W005 Tige semi-custom is a good fit for 900 lbs. However, I dont like the 2015 and up bottom gravity drain hose routing and how it connects to the existing port location on the W005. The upper fill and vent also do not line up with the W005 in its original form. This is where a custom is best, mainly with different port locations to better fit the plumbing.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You say everyone rides goofy on the port side.. wouldn't that be starboard? I have a used w004 I wouldn't mind upgrading. Let me know if you are interested, I can use Purolator mail through work for cheap.

Comment

No way the z1 is a true 900. I just weighed the current surf XL Z3 rear bag and its 918lbs filled and scaled.... I also have my hands on a set of prototype bags from tige and I can tell you that they are bigger but not much more.
                    Germaine Marine

Comment

Thanks chpthrill for the advice. Always good to have your point of view

And bsreid yes my fault. Mistaking we are all regular (port side)

I will make him the message for your sac. But I'm pretty sure he won't.. upgrading the rear ballast seems efficient to replace both of them at the same time and make them custom built to be sure all fits perfectly like chipthrill says.
                      But it's nice you propose it.
                      Last edited by Mike88; 05-16-2017, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Okay elevated
                        never took off my rear ballast and fill it on a calibrated scale lol..
                        We ain't arguing on the "real" weight of our ballast, yeah maybe the Z1 stock 900's fills 870
                        its possible but when we talk about stock ballast maybe it's preferable to speak with the stock marked weight so everybody can clearly understand what we talking about lol..
                        If you tested it good ! Nice to know.

Comment

I said z1 bags arent 900lbs to point out that their published ballast numbers are grossly wrong...... not to be smart ***. You wouldnt know unless you scaled the bags.. its what tige publishes. I used that as an example to give you the real deal on weight so that you can make an educated decision...... Since that was the premise of your question right? You asked for an opinion on surf xl weight so im giving you one and details as to why.

The difference most likely isnt a measly 30 lbs... for example the z3 is supposed to be 1100 in the rear and its only 918... thats a HUGE difference wouldnt you agree? Wouldnt that be important to know if deciding if you were going to buy bigger bags and from who in-order to get what you want. The actual stock weight is absolutely important......

Surf Xl across the line is underweighted and over reported......
                          Last edited by Germaine Marine; 05-16-2017, 03:47 AM.
                          Germaine Marine

Comment

IIRC, Tige was using the same L shaped sac for all the larger boats with XL ballast, so the Z1 and Z3 would have had the same rear sac. The sac design I saw for the transition from the in floor 250 hard tank/350 soft sac surf/pro setup to the single sac XL, spec'd out about 900+ dased on dimensions,

Comment

Oh ok i see your point now. Sorry haha English isn't my first language sometime I can read wrong.

But I agree a 150pounds difference kind of huge when you think about it. At least They fills the same weight on each side.

And mike, correct me if I'm wrong but stock ballast on my Z1 came 2400 total and z3 3000.. so that make 1100 "supposed" in the rear instead of 900 in mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X