Swim Platform for Sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swim Platform for Sale?

Anyone have an extra swim platform? We have a large swim platform with lip on our 09 RZ2 that cuts into the wave. I'd like to buy a smaller one, cut this one down, build one, or get a custom teak. I have seen a couple come up for sale on here, so I thought I would check.

I have an 08 rz4 deck but i think its what you have i replaced mine this off season and it made a big difference if you want my old one to cut on just pay shipping or pick it up

Comment

We might have one off our r20. Shipping from Canada is probably going to be outrageous though.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeG View Post
        I have an 08 rz4 deck but i think its what you have i replaced mine this off season and it made a big difference if you want my old one to cut on just pay shipping or pick it up
        Thanks Joe. That's very generous. I might take you up on that unless I can find one that is already smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
          We might have one off our r20. Shipping from Canada is probably going to be outrageous though.
          The r20 platform might be just right. I would love to get the dimensions of the platform to see if it would actually cover the brackets on our RZ2.

Comment

Originally posted by headfirst View Post
            The r20 platform might be just right. I would love to get the dimensions of the platform to see if it would actually cover the brackets on our RZ2.
            It's in the water right now so getting the bracket dimensions might be tricky. I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
              It's in the water right now so getting the bracket dimensions might be tricky. I'll see what I can do.
              I wouldn't worry too much about measuring the brackets, I'm sure they don't line up between the two boats. But if you could get the dimensions of the platform, it would be great.

Full Deck measure.jpg
              Last edited by headfirst; 05-12-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I just bought the 2009 rz4 and was under the impression they made the platform smaller in 09 in order to fix this issue. 2008 was the same width as the boat from what I understand? Is my 09 platform going to be an issue on my rz4 as well? Yours looks identical to mine, which does not go to the edges of the boat, and angles in.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  I just bought the 2009 rz4 and was under the impression they made the platform smaller in 09 in order to fix this issue. 2008 was the same width as the boat from what I understand? Is my 09 platform going to be an issue on my rz4 as well? Yours looks identical to mine, which does not go to the edges of the boat, and angles in.
                  I believe the platform did get smaller in 2009, and it isn't terrible. I think it was smaller again in either 2011 or 2013, but those need different mounting brackets. Your platform may not be a problem for you at all. We've surfed the boat for years and it isn't a major problem, I'm just looking to smooth it out a little more.

BTW, that isn't an actual picture of my platform, although it does look similar. It is just a picture I had handy.

Comment

Cutting down the swim platform was the best upgrade I have done to my wave, do it and don't look back!!

Comment

Originally posted by headfirst View Post
                      Anyone have an extra swim platform? We have a large swim platform with lip on our 09 RZ2 that cuts into the wave. I'd like to buy a smaller one, cut this one down, build one, or get a custom teak. I have seen a couple come up for sale on here, so I thought I would check.
                      Here is the thread I started when I cut down my swim platform, there is also a link to another thread I used for measurements....

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...=rz2+swim+deck

Comment

Also Headfirst here is a pic of the cut down swim platform with the fresh air exhaust installed...

IMG_3225.jpg

Comment

[QUOTE=culrich77;776326]Also Headfirst here is a pic of the cut down swim platform with the fresh air exhaust installed...

Thanks for the picture. I have a FAE sitting in the box that I need to get installed. Ours is a single exhaust, but mounting it up to the swim platform brackets should be the same.
                          Installing FAE along with cutting or swapping swim platforms is on my list of to-do's for this year.

Comment

I'll either be up at the lake tonight or tomorrow and I'll try and remember to measure.

Comment

I just cut my 08 RZ2 deck and the 09 is the same. Only cost me a $100 for the fiberglass shop to rebuild the edge and $120 for some new Agenda deck mat.
                              If I'm not surfing, I'm making money to surf.

Comment

Working...
                              X