Installing Seadek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Seadek

Has anyone installed seadek themselves in the interior? If so how hard is it to install? How did you order it? I'm looking to replace my 2015 Z1 snap carpet to seadek?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Seadek but if looking for a DIY and save a bit this may be an option for you.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807536

Comment

Haven't looked at Seadek but I'd recommend going with Gator Step, that's what's in the new models. They have templates that are made for our boats. Lots of styles and colors to choose from.

Comment

Ive done quite a bit here at our shop. Obviously surface prep is huge. Needs to be totally cleaned of dirt and dust before you start. I always lay it out then tape it on the edge in a handful of places to keep it where its supposed to go. Then fold half of the piece you are putting back and carefully cut a slit in backer paper. Remove backer and lay that half. Then remove your tape from other half that was keeping it oriented, peel it back, remove backer and lay it. Also need to be careful to work your way from inside to outside edge so you don't end up with air bubbles in it. If you do end up with air sometimes you can carefully pierce the bubble with the corner of a razor and work the air out.

Comment

I recently ordered from tt custom marine for an rz2. Travis is awesome about the best customer service you are going to find. They use aquatrac, which has it's advantages, they say it's superior but that depends on what's most important to you. Mine turned out awesome and it has cheaper than gator or seadek. I believe regal, Cobalt, mastercrap and others all use aquatrac.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

How do you purchase aquatrac? I looked at the website but don't see where/how to order!

Comment

You typically have to make templates with a clear mylar film and send them to them. They then scan the pieces in to have them cut out of the EVA foam. This is also when they can provide you with a cost.

Comment

Originally posted by chadsanchez View Post
                How do you purchase aquatrac? I looked at the website but don't see where/how to order!

You can email Travis at info@ttcustommarine.com. You will most likely have to do your own template but its pretty simple to do, they send you all the material needed. If i remember correctly it was 30 or 40% cheaper than gator.

Comment

Yes I have done Seadek install. Not exactly in my interior but on my transom walk through and activity compartment lids. Ordered the custom Mylar sheets from Seadek, traced my exact layout, sent it back, had it in the mail 6 weeks later. Did the install in 20 min, super easy.
                  My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I did a seadek in another boat. Lucky they had a template done already. Making the template is probably harder than the install. If you make a template make sure you leave open all screws, hinges, panels to open the floor or any other access points you need . The carpet covers these items in most applications.

I had a very light color seadek and it was tough to keep clean. Dark sand and muck would stain it slightly.

I like my tige mat floor (upgrade from carpet don't know what the thing is called) better than carpet or seadek. Imo

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

So would it be GatorStep?

Comment

Believe JTs mat that he's referring to is deckadence. It's my personal favorite too. Tige isn't doing it as an option now.
                        http://www.commercialmatsandrubber.c...ing-tige-boats

Comment

Deckadence is the best you can get, IMO. It wont mold or mildew and is made from an antimicrobial material, you can remove it to clean it and the inside of the boat...its soft on the feet and water drains right thru it and if you drop a towel or something, i does not get wet cause its around 3/4" or so. Very durable too and wont fade from sun or split like the SeaDeck and others can do over time. I have the Gatorstep on my swim platform and Deckadence in my boat which were ordered new with boat...swim platform is noticeably worn looking and has some small splits in it after 3yrs and inside of boat still looks new.

Comment

I dream of changing my carpet out for Deckadence.

Comment

Lots and lots of deckadence-like alternatives too, for a crap load less money. Look for extruded pvc matting or vinyl loop matting or words like that. They're out there.
                              Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Working...
                              X