2013 RZ2 Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 RZ2 Prop

I'm looking to put a new prop on my 2013 tige RZ2. It currently has a acme 537 on it. I mostly surf so we usually have alot of weight in it. I have put the W005P and STB in the rears and have a 500lbs bag in the bow giving me around 3000lb+ of ballast. I also run a suck gate. The boat is very sluggish and has a hard time plaining when I have 6 people in the boat and fully weighted.

I'm looking at a few props the acme 1235, 2079 and the 1433. If some one could let me know what prop would be best for my situation I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Whats your normal lake elevation? For the RZ's, id suggest a 14.5 or larger, since they will accept them.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hey Chpthril

We ride a few lakes in Alberta and Birtish Columbia. The alberta lakes are 945m to 1,028m (3100ft to 3,373ft) and the BC lake is 347m (1138ft). I'm thinking the 1235 will be a good opption but I load the boat up quite a bit

Comment

I'm pretty sure I'll be selling a good 1235 in a couple weeks if you can wait.

Comment

What option is better than the 1235? I thought I read that there is an option that performs better. The reason I ask is that my 537 is pretty trashed, just put on a 1235 and would like to pick up another prop to have as a backup?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
          "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

motogreen, I have a 14 RZ2 and put a 1235 on a few years ago when I went with the 1200lbs (per side in the rear) and have had no issues with getting it up on plain for surfing. I'm in N.Sask and usually have all bags filled (100% front and rears) as I too am using a suck gate (Mission Delta) but I'm not on a big lake with large waves so I rarely need to punch it to avoid rogue waves like you need to in AB and BC larger lakes but I'd have to assume I'd have no issues if I had to, as its never let me down no matter how much weight I've had in the boat and I have the 350 engine.

Comment

I have a brand new 1235 still in the box Id sell it was my spare for my last boat and i won't need it on the rzx2
              surf till u die.

Comment

unstuck your pms are full

Comment

Hey Robmc9

That great info thanks. I also have the 343. Im thinking the 1235 is the best prop for me. 18cracing ill pm you.

Comment

Originally posted by dukesofhazzard View Post
                    unstuck your pms are full
                    Cleaned them out.

Comment

I put the 1617 on my boat after speaking with ACME and so far it has performed flawlessly, I'm still interested in trying a 1235 as well though.

Comment

Hey....how does the 537 work unweighted? Decent hole shot for slalom? How about with 6-8 people on board with no ballast. Just wondering cause I'm trying to gauge how that prop works for those less interested in surfing.

Comment

The 537 is a great all around prop. I usually have a lot of weight in my boat thats why Im changing it. For skiing and cruising with no ballast you won't have a problem.

Just out of curiousity is anyone running the 2079? I'm wondering The 2079 would be a good pick because I don't do over 30mph very offten.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakes5 View Post
                            Hey....how does the 537 work unweighted? Decent hole shot for slalom? How about with 6-8 people on board with no ballast. Just wondering cause I'm trying to gauge how that prop works for those less interested in surfing.
                            On our 22Ve we found that the 537 was a good prop until the 1200# range for boarding or 1000# listed for surfing. At those points, the prop is hitting is limits and it shows.
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I had the 2419 which is the 15" version of the 2079. It's a great "I never go over 30mph and like to put 4K pounds ballast in my boat" prop. 2079 should be very similar

Comment

Working...
                              X