Kink in Throttle Cable - How to Replace on 2005 22v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kink in Throttle Cable - How to Replace on 2005 22v

Having some issues with Perfect Pass and just opened up the engine to do their linkage and servo tests and found this (see pic below). Spoke with Perfect Pass technical support and they recommended to start with a new throttle cable - looks like something has happened here to cause the kink in the cable and the servo appears to be functioning correctly. Couple questions for the owners here:

1. Can anyone post a picture of a 22v with Perfect Pass to show what this connection SHOULD look like? I'm assuming this bend in the cable is a bad thing (and you can see the cable starting to fray as a result) - but I'm not sure what it should look like and if it should be perfectly aligned?

2. Has anyone done a throttle cable replacement in a 22v? I couldn't find anything here in searching through the threads and not sure where to start...any ideas on where to get a new throttle cable and how difficult the install is?

Thanks for any help!

PicsIMG_9101.jpg

Comment

That kink/damaged cable appears to be on the perfect pass cable that connects to servo. Order a new cable from them. You won't need a complete cable that runs to your control box. If you crack that nut loose that keeps the larger brass fitting in place then you will be able to thread the brass fitting off the boats throttle cable. Then remove other end from the servo. You will also have to loosen the two small nuts that are sandwiched to the little brass L bracket, cable can then be removed thru the small slit in the L bracket. Install new cable from perfect pass in reverse order. Pretty easy job. When you put it back together you may need to use those two nuts to take up some slack in the cable, which is probably why this happened in the first place. Perfect pass install manual from the website has a picture of what it should all look like when completed and installed correctly.

Comment

Thank you for your help - much appreciated! Between your reply and the tech support from PerfectPass (those guys are amazing - incredible customer service) I was able to get the PP throttle cable replaced and am back in business. Thank you for the reply!

Comment

Working...
        X