Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Z head room?

Hi all. New to the site.

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a '16 Z3. I recently took a test ride in a '17 Z3. Loved the boat. It did have the new tower, not the Alpha Z. The dealer said the new tower is about four inches taller than the Alpha. I had several inches clearance.

Does anyone know the head room clearance on the Alpha? I'm 6'-2". Several of my crew are as tall as I am. Are we going to constantly have to duck or bust our heads?

TIA
    Last edited by Tigerbass; 05-07-2017, 08:38 PM.

Originally posted by Tigerbass View Post
    Hi all. New to the site.

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a '16 Z3. I recently took a test ride in a '17 Z3. Loved the boat. It did have the new tower, not the Alpha Z. The dealer said the new tower is about four inches taller than the Alpha. I had several in he's clearance.

Does anyone know the head room clearance on the Alpha? I'm 6'-2". Several of my crew are as tall as I am. Are we going to constantly have to duck or bust our heads?

TIA
    Not sure about the new Z3, but I had an '11 RZR with the Alpha Z and I'm 6'1" and had. O problems walking underneath the tower. Good luck! Beautiful boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2016 Z1 alpha Z clearance is 75- 76" approx!
      I'm 6'1 too and have couple inch space.

Comment

I'm 6'6" and didn't have too many issues with my '14 Z3, but I'm used to ducking :-) However, the larger Wetsounds speakers were WAY too close to my ear while piloting. The '17 RZX3 with the higher gunnels and taller tower have solved that issue for me. The taller tower was a real plus for me.

Comment

I'm 6'3. I occasionally skim the anchor light. Speakers are a non-issue but I only have 2. Biggest hit I ever took was from the front bimini stepping in from the bow at night once. Left a mark on my forehead for a week.

Comment

Two other things to consider---

The board racks on the Alpha Z are either in or out. When in, we would bang our heads. When out, we nearly tore them off while docking the boat. The E2 tower allows the board racks to run along the same axis as the tower.....meaning they are neither in or out when stored, but can be rotated to either in or out when necessary.

The anchor light on the Alpha Z can be VERY hard for other boaters to see with the bimini installed. Ask me how I know this? Cuz we were nearly broadsided one evening while star gazing. Navigation lights off, anchor light on and luckily started engine and pulled forward as a pontoon was headed directly for us. I knew the pontoon operator and when I questioned him, he stated he never saw our anchor light. Unless Tige' found a way to raise the anchor light on the Alpha Z tower, this is a real issue.

Good luck,

Comment

being in many boats, the Alpha tower in my opinion is tall enough but its also one of the furthest back, towards the driver seat, so getting in and out of the boat from the back is far less in the way then any other boat I've been in. There are a few boats were you need to duck every time you get in because the tower is right at the back by the rear bench seat, not the case with Tige. So don't always judge height of towers on its own, judge them in real life situations of getting and in and out + walking around the interior of the boat because those are 2 different things.

Comment

6'2" w/'15 Z3. No headroom issues

Comment

Working...
                X