Alpha Z tower long-term quality questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Z tower long-term quality questions

Hey everyone, I've got few questions about the alpha z tower.
    For my past boat I always had aluminum tower.
    The alpha z is a paint one. I know it's enamel paint but im curious to hear people who have a 2010 maybe or several years owner of an alpha Z.

I don't have a canvas roof on my elevator.
    Do the paint ever peel or crack after several years of sun exposition for somebody?
    Or instead some have good experience with it?

I know The wakeboard tower is covered with the full 5years but I'm curious to know if many poeple had recall on it.

Thanks!

The tower is actually powered coated and not painted. I have seen them flake. If the tower wasn't prepped well before coating it can come off easily.

One of my new boats had tape stuck to the tower during shipping and it removed the coating when removed. It was repaired and you couldn't ever tell.

Comment

Mine chips if you look at it funny. Touch it with a board edge and it has a new chip.

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
        The tower is actually powered coated and not painted. I have seen them flake. If the tower wasn't prepped well before coating it can come off easily.

One of my new boats had tape stuck to the tower during shipping and it removed the coating when removed. It was repaired and you couldn't ever tell.
        Tige stopped powder coating towers a few years ago. 15-16 Alpha Z's are automotive sprayed.
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by Bakes5 View Post
          Mine chips if you look at it funny. Touch it with a board edge and it has a new chip.
          My whole tower was resprayed last week........... It came from the factory chipped to hell.
          Germaine Marine
          "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
          X