2013 z3 ballast system upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 z3 ballast system upgrade

I am having trouble finding answers to a few questions of mine.

1 - what are my options for a plug and play upgrade from the pro ballast setup that I currently have? And what would that roughly cost?

2 - thought on needing to upgrade the t800 pumps? What could I upgrade to without having to change hose sizes?

Custom Z3 surf sac

Sounds like your 2013 was built with .75" hose. Not really any options that are an upgrade without changing hose size. You can upgrade the hose or add more pumps.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

There really isn't a "plug and play" option. No exactly anyway. Like CHP said the custom sacs or the big surf sacs.

The reason I say it isn't "plug and play" is, Tige uses a sac with these goofy glued in ports. First you have to cut them out, then many times you need to extend/ replace the hoses because they are too short. Then you need the quick disconnect fittings for the boat side and bag side for the new sac, which will have the ports in roughly the same locations. I just wanted to clarify its not like some that already have a bag on quick disconnects and are a 3 minute swap. On the 13 its a bit of a project.

Also like CHP said if you have 800's you have 3/4" hose. They switched to 1200s and 1 inch midseason 2013 so you must have a pretty early made 2013.

Comment

IIRC, the boats with the .75 hose still used the fly high style sac fittings and threaded fittings in the sac. This makes the swap a little easier. In most cases, the male sac valve fitting can be moved over to the new sac but I like to just include new one because they have been known to be glued in from the factory. The .75" female hose side stays in the hose and plugs right back up to the sac.

As to cutting the hose off the barb fittings used later, and ending up with a short hose. Warm up the end and fitting to relax the hose and it will come off the old sac fittings. and slip right over the new quick connect. Knowing this change necessary, we include both the hose side quik-conn and sac side male, as well as new clamps to you can toss those stainless worm gear clamps to which you cut the heat shrink covering off of.

As to port location. The custom sac port locations are taken right off of tige's own sac design. So unless they miss the mark when building the sac or cutting the hose when building the boat, the new sac should line right up. Having said that, we have had a couple PnP installs where they didnt line up for the reasons listed.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Awesome. Thanks guys! I'll get this out and see how it surfs....if I decide to go bigger I'll hit you up chpthril

Comment

Working...
          X