Southern Surfest 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southern Surfest 2017

I was at Southern Surfest this past weekend. We were able to ride behind many boats and on many boards. I have not had a chance to download all of the videos and pics yet but wanted to share a pics I took on my phone or that were sent to me.

We rode behind -
    Malibu MXZ24 & M235
    Ri257
    G23 & 25
    Supreme S238
    RZX2
    Moomba Mojo
    Axis T23

Here are a few pics of us behind the RZX2 -

Here is a picture of me and my surf face trying to get some air. I am 6'1" 185 lbs. riding a Doomswell Neo 4.6
    RZX2.jpg

Here is a picture of my friend. He is 6' riding the Neo
    Turbo (2).jpg

Here is a picture of Matt from Doomswell at the right angle...
    matt 2.jpg

All in all the RZX2 hung with all of the big boys at Southern Surfest. The wave was just as meaty as the coveted G Series, not as long as the Ri257 (which is a 4 ft longer boat then the RZX2) and was on par with the MXZ 24 which MSRPs for $170k. The interior of the RZX2 was way better than the Malibu, light years ahead of the Ri257, and on par with the G series.

The M235 had an MSRP of $210k. Which was absolutely stupid. The boat is no where near that. The interior was well below the Tige and G Series. Plus they needed to have 750 lbs of external bow weight to make a good wave. For $210k I do not want to have to pump an external sac.

My favorite boards from the event were the Parker Surfcraft 4.6 and the Rusty Snaggletooth 4.6.

Let me know if you have any questions about the other boats. I will answer them to my best ability.
    "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Thanks! How was the RZX2 weighted? What size bags in the back and how many bodies in the boat.
    Nice report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mgigs - The RZX2 was stock with the plug and play. I will have to find out what the pnp weighed in at.

As for peeps - 5 in the boat while one was surfing. I would say the total doood weight was around 900-1,000 lbs in the boat while the other was surfing.

Comment

I believe it is 400 in each locker or you can do some custom sacs for more weight but it looks like you don't need it.

Comment

Mgigs7 - I just talked with Robert the Tige rep that was there. He is more then willing to talk with you about the RZX2. IM me and I can forward his number.

As for the set up on the pictures above -
          1,800 lbs in the rear with the PNP/overflow sacs it was at about 80-90% full. He thought the overflow/pnp sacs were 500lbs.

You can not go wrong with the RZX2. I was texting some of the other guys that were at SSF, asking them what their favorites were. Everyone raved about the Tige interior and how the wave is typical Tige, it will boost you easier then the Malibu and is cleaner than the Gs.

If I had the "means" I would be trading in my Z3 for the RZX2 or 3...means = I would be single again.

Comment

Thanks Booms! I wanted to hear form someone that's had the chance to ride the wave and others for comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another video from the Southern Surfest,nice wave but that is going to need an FAE for sure.

http://www.facebook.com/daves.wakebo...74164239346882
              Last edited by smithjd11; 05-08-2017, 02:17 AM.

Comment

PNP should be 500+ for the Rzx2 it is dealer dependent. I have seen the best wave with a steel/full 500LB PNP mix. Its a monster.
                Germaine Marine
                "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Booms! Another great time @ SSF '17! I was in a different group than Boom, but shared similar thoughts on the boats. The RZX2 was the first boat I rode in the event and threw an impressive wave. Like Booms said, most of the boats there were bigger and Tige kept pace with them. The Malibu's were definitely beautiful, but $$$ for $$$ I doubt I'd buy one. Both Malibus got swamped when I was in them due to the low freeboard and the walk thru transom. The G's were also beautiful, but here again, $170k+. The Mojo and Supra both threw an excellent wave for far less $$$ than the G's or Bu's. The only thing I didn't like about the RZX2 was the motor noise. IMO it was probably the loudest boat there. Other than the that, Tige was high on my list of the best boats on the market.

Comment

Working...
                  X