Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3 slalom wake

Just in case your wondering.

This is about 32mph. Wake is still big. I just prep for the wake and jump it.

https://vimeo.com/214960379

You handle it well. What ski are riding?
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I expected a lot more of a wake. Tige definitely makes some of the most versatile boats out there!

Comment

Yeah...I normally ski about 34 mph.....that's why I want a little steeper pitched prop. Right now 34 mph will be about 4500 RPM. I can probably get that a little closer to 4100 RPM with a different prop. But I'm a little concerned about the hole shot. With a 15" x 14 pitch it has a great, smooth hole shot.

Truth be told, it will never be a wispy wake so I'm just adapting my style to it. Its still super fun, but more of a let's have fun behind the boat than chasing bouys fun.

Comment

It is still my favorite item to be towed on. I have only run the course once. I understand and share in the same enjoyment.
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Same...nothing like getting into a rhythm. Great workout as well. Also, whips at the end of the cove are my favorite. I'm gonna wear a GPS next time and see how fast I get going. Just can't get enough of it. Took a buddy out a couple weeks ago and we was so sore he could hardly move for 2-3 days.

I use a Connelly outlaw. My wife stole my FX1 after I broke my ankle on my brothers LSV 23 wake 2nd turn, first day at Powell a few yrs ago. So I got a cruiser and haven't switched back yet.

Comment

I really enjoyed slalom skiing for years. Did it so much it's like second nature to absorb the shock while crossing the wake.... which has totally f'ed up my ability to launch myself on a wakeboard. Every time I dig the edge and build up speed into the wake my stupid knees ignore all input from my brain and bend. I have yet to get more then 2 ft of air. So frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Try a shorter rope length, wake looks smaller a little closer to the boat! Give it a shot and report back to us!

Comment

Working...
                X