Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha Z tower light bar?

Hi guys,
    I just want to know if anybody ever add a light bar on a Alpha Z tower?

They aren't any factory as I know so maybe some of you already tried to put some lights to illuminate the back for night surfing.

I have lifeform transom and they are really bright but you know it's just underwater.

I'm starting to think about how can I fit something there something there, so if anybody haves some pictures or advices there are welcome !

Thanks

Do you have 2 pairs of speakers or just one? If just the outside pair you could try and mount to the inside set. You already would have holes for the wires and threaded holes to secure too.

Otherwise I have seen these type mounted on the sides of the towers on Malibu's and Tige's.
    Attached Files

Comment

I put two of these on my 07 22VE, they're plenty bright to say the least. I'm guessing the ones BCrider posted would be all you'd need. Anyhow I know mine isn't the same tower but thought I'd throw out a lighting idea that I used. I'm sure you can come up with some mounting options.

IMG_4219.jpg

Comment

We have one on our r20 and honestly they aren't very useful. What are you planning on using it for? The only time we really use it is picking up a reader and docking. But you have docking lights for that so I don't really see a point.

Comment

Samson does make some very sleek factory looking ones similar to above.

Comment

Yeah BCrider exactly what I was thinking. Trying to fit some lights on my second pair of speaker wires. But I don't know if a simple light would be enough for illuminate the surfing spot.

And bsreid it's for lighten the surf spot not forward haha. Like you said we already have the docking lights and the front tower light. It's for the back that missed some.

Comment

Even for using them facing backwards I don't think they're necessary. For surfing we have lifeforms, a downward facing led light on our lightbar, a light blinking red on the riders and Nav lights.

Comment

Is night surfing legal in Canada? Its against the law here and a large fine. If its illegal there, which I suspect it is, you sure you want to light up the whole boat so every LEO can see what your doing?

Comment

Those things just ruin your night vision. Only light I would want would be a super powerful spotlight. I don't even like the Tige touch screen at night.

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
                    Is night surfing legal in Canada? Its against the law here and a large fine. If its illegal there, which I suspect it is, you sure you want to light up the whole boat so every LEO can see what your doing?
                    Take the head cop and his family with you and it's all good. Our lake is so private and never sees water patrol. On the big lakes that are I wouldn't risk it.

Comment

Haha exactly. We only see the patrol once in a year and it's on the big weekend of Canada's day.
                      We don't make night surfing very much too. I'm concerned with all the risks but it's just fun sometimes when the weather is hot and the sunset ending.

Personally I found that my lifeform are not enough, most of the light is kind of blocked with my taps plate too and my girlfriend barely see me when I'm not close to the wake plate. (You know girls always complaining on everything) haha joke.
                      It for security too. More lights may be better I think. Or I just need to calm down and stop doing it before something bad happen.

Thanks for all your respond! I will think about that

Comment

Went from two of the factory lumitecs to two of the seablazes along with a diablo drain plug light. The water looks like a sub is getting ready to surface..... Bright enough to see the riders facial detail 20 feet back. I have a set of cree spot to mount in the back above the swimstep but havent needed them since going up in underwater led light output..
                        Germaine Marine
                        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

The small single LED light in post #2...I have 2 on each side of my tower that came as an option form factory. 2 point forward as "docking lights" and 2 point backwards as "Stern" lights. With that single LED on each side, they are not bright enough to do what you want...barely enough to dock with honestly.
                          I would either get a bright LED bar for the tower like other mentioned....or ramp up your transom lights. Honestly tho, I have surfed behind boat with bright LED on tower and it blinded me and made it hard to surf. Really good transom lights are best IMO.

The only lighting I did NOT get from factory is the underwater lighting and I am looking to add 2 good lights right now. They are just so stinking expensive for quality lights I am having a hard time swallowing the cost....but the cheap ones are just not worth it from all the reviews I have ready, especially if you wanna surf with them. Guess I am just gonna have to suck it up and pay the price

Comment

Here's a few pics. Super bright, the only time more is needed is for when not up and running. If you're worried about not seeing things the most useful tool is a super bright handheld flashlight, I would recommend the Phoenix ones. IMG_1135.jpg
                            IMG_1160.jpg

Comment

Elevated....did you get the Seablaze 3, or the Seablaze X? (not trying to hijack thread, running with the direction it took if ok with everyone to ask)
                              They look similar in price and on Amazon, only about $300 each which is half the cost of a Shadowcaster and some of the other good brands...crazy how much these LED lights cost. Seablaze X says 4000 lumens and 12 or 24 volt with no external driver....the Seablaze 3 seems to only be 1724 lumens....but I know a lot of the brightness comes from how many amps it draws, not how many lumens they claim which is why I was hoping you would share you real world experience and which one you went with. Were you able to just hook into the factory wiring that is tucked under the transom and then turn on?

Comment

Working...
                              X