22ve swim platform mounting brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22ve swim platform mounting brackets

I am looking to replace my swim platform mounting brackets. The bolt holes have been stretched to the point where the metal is cracked. Does anyone know of a dealer with these in stock? My dealer can only get them in sets of 10 but there isn't a lot of older Tige's in the Northeast.

I have thought about drilling a second set of holes below the original and possibly adding plates on the side to make it thicker. Does anyone have suggestions?
    IMG_20170422_222919.jpgIMG_20170422_223008.jpg
    Thanks in advance!

I would try a local metal shop and get something made up.

Comment

That is what I would suggest too. It looks like pretty basic metal channel, if you can find it in correct thickness, would be easy to have holes drilled in correct spots.

Comment

I am not sure how it would fit. I am picking up a take off platform & brackets from a Z3 and going to try and fit it to my 22Ve.Check with your dealer to see if they have any takeoff. This may be a good time to look at replacing\modifying the platform so it doesnt cut into the surf wave.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
        "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Thats what Tige calls the floating bracket. From around 2012 forward those were only found on the R20 and without a VX. Dandy, The Z3 platform you are getting will not have that bracket.

They are known to break so I would start calling dealers as someone is gonna have one. I'd also call directly to Tige. I know when I worked for a dealership we had a few of those crack and I am 100% sure we ordered what we needed and did not have to order them in 10's. That is an individual part and not a lot or group number. Can your dealer only order oil filters in a 10 packs also? I'd call around and I bet you will get a different answer.

Comment

Boardman, I realize they won't. Hopeing to either moint the new platform to the old brackets or the new platform and brackets to the boat. Assuming the OP cannot locate one set, I just figured this may be a good time to think about platform modification/exchange since that seems to be a common practice now for all boats of this era.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
            "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

I ended up just getting my old ones welded. They filled the holes and I redrilled them with a snugger fit to the platform brackets. All the dealers I talked to didn't have any sitting around and could only order the platform brackets and transom piece as a set for around $500.

Comment

Working...
              X