Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZR vs RZ2

Hi all,

I'm looking for my first boat having recently bought a cottage on Kawagama Lake in ON. There are two options available to me at the moment. 2014 RZR and a 2013 RZ2. Details:

- both come in around 100 hrs (RZ2 has a little more, RZR has a little less)
    - RZR has a 350hp + 1600lbs ballast, RZ2, 409 HP, 2200lbs ballast
    - both come in at $69k. The RZR is through my marina on the lake, the RZ2 is a private sale in the same area (i.e. both a freshwater boats)
    - Expected usage: primary wakesufing. Secondary tubing / wakeboarding and of course just touring the lake
    - wife has said she prefers a slightly smaller boat (easier to handle) but in the end, she prob will never know the difference
    - The lake is 10 miles long and about 2 miles wide with a ton of bays, average depth ~ 70 ft.

Thoughts??

The RZ2 is a great handling/driving boat, so IMO,the benefits of the larger boat will greatly outweigh any difference in driving a smaller boat.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I owned 2 RZRs and love the way the boat handles and surfs. Thats said for even money buying the much bigger RZ2 is a no brainer. With the 409 you will have tons of power and the boat surfs and wakeboard great. Handles rough water better also because of the size. Your wife will never feel a difference driving the 2.

Comment

RZ2 hands down and I can set u up with a monster wave on it as well.
        surf till u die.

Comment

^^^what he said
          We picked up an we've last year (same boat below waterline I believe) and it handles amazing. It really is a fun boat to drive. On a larger body of water, the extra size will be benificial, plus additional storage space. If you search this forum, there is a ton of info on setups for the RZ2. When we purchased our first I board in 2013, we looked at the RZR for the same reason, my wife thought a smaller boat would be better for her com I g out of an 18' I/O. Once she saw how narrow the walk through to the bow was, she said no way (she is not a big gal either, 5'3 and wish) Personally I think the RZ2 will also hold resale better due to size and I am sure this could be argued the other way as well. Take them both for a spin and see what you and your family lome best, you opinion for you purchase matters more than what me or any of the other members think.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
          "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

I would jump on the RZ2. Room becomes a premium when you own a boat. There is not a lot of difference in handling and control. The more ballast also is a plus. The RZ2 puts out a killer wave and is not as sensitive to wieght changes if someone moves around. It will handle better in rough water. When you start bringing more friends with you the larger boat will be better.
            Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

The RZR is a very narrow boat, you really notice it when you go from boat to boat. The RZ2 is going to have a much better wake, and a much nicer transition. Not to mention, a lot more room.
              http://wake9.com/

Comment

I loved the RZR. It's a really nice boat for a 20 footer. I bought mine just because of my storage limit. I couldn't get any bigger. If the length is not a matter go for it! You have a more space, more power, more ballast weight and a better wave for the same price. You have more stability too and the boat is less sensitive.
                I changed my RZR for a Z1 because I moved and my new house have a bigger garage. I have seen the difference even if it's just 1 1/2 foot but It's a different hull too. Personally after testing most Tigé im definitely a Z series fan.
                My wife prefered the RZ nose haha but when she realize the driving and wave difference she agreed!
                RZR is really a great first boat and I would recommand it over almost every 20foot boat!
                But if you have the chance to go bigger you will Never regret.
                Last edited by Mike88; 04-10-2017, 11:07 PM.

Comment

RZ2 - GONE!

Originally posted by Mike88 View Post
                  I loved the RZR. It's a really nice boat for a 20 footer. I bought mine just because of my storage limit. I couldn't get any bigger. If the length is not a matter go for it! You have a more space, more power, more ballast weight and a better wave for the same price. You have more stability too and the boat is less sensitive.
                  I changed my RZR for a Z1 because I moved and my new house have a bigger garage. I have seen the difference even if it's just 1 1/2 foot but It's a different hull too. Personally after testing most Tigé im definitely a Z series fan.
                  My wife prefered the RZ nose haha but when she realize the driving and wave difference she agreed!
                  RZR is really a great first boat and I would recommand it over almost every 20foot boat!
                  But if you have the chance to go bigger you will Never regret.

Thanks for the comments from everyone. I called early afternoon after feedback from this site - sadly, the RZ2 was already gone. Kinda suspected it was a pretty damn good price, but as a newb, looks like I missed the boat, literally. I still have first right of refusal on the RZR, so unless another larger boat in that price range comes along before a proper water test, I'll likely be starting with the smaller boat, so glad to hear people do recommend the RZR, even if not over the RZ2.

Comment

Not sure what you would think about this, but a forum member is considering parting ways with his 2012Ve. Here is a link to the thread. It looks loke this would be about $63k CAN.
                    http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...to-sell-a-22ve

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
                    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by Wintershot View Post
                      Thanks for the comments from everyone. I called early afternoon after feedback from this site - sadly, the RZ2 was already gone. Kinda suspected it was a pretty damn good price, but as a newb, looks like I missed the boat, literally. I still have first right of refusal on the RZR, so unless another larger boat in that price range comes along before a proper water test, I'll likely be starting with the smaller boat, so glad to hear people do recommend the RZR, even if not over the RZ2.
                      Haha sadly for you! But everything happens for a reason. Tell you that! Your boat still await you somewhere haha.
                      But Yeah RZR is a really good boat to have fun with. You kind of comparing apple with orange. In boat industry the length change everything.
                      Personally In his category the rzr is probably the best quality/price 20foot boat on the market. I remember when I bought it I tested over 5 different model.
                      In the 22 category RZ2 is great for sure but not my first choice.
                      I choose the Z1 over the RZ2 few months ago and still thinking I've done the right choice even if it is 6inch shorter.
                      The hull of the Z push a cleaner and nicer wave. Yeah I loved the look of the RZ square nose instead of the traditional But prefered the performance/quality over the look.
                      Hope it helps! Good luck

Comment

Working...
                      X