Tige ASR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige ASR

Looking at purchasing a 2015 Tige ASR. How is ASR compared to RZ2?

If all you want to do is wakeboard go with the ASR , if you want to wakeboard, surf and have a great wave while doing it go with the RZ2
    surf till u die.

Comment

The ASR was a badd@SS boat, but certainly not Tige's flagship surf machine. Bigger, heavier and deeper than the RZ2. You could get the Wet Sounds XS-808's and the SD amps as opposed to the XS-650 and Syn series amps in the RZ2.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Totally agreed. The ASR was the big, head turning boat. But Had some lack with the surf and most of tige fans research the best surf wave on the market. That's probably why Tigé stopped to produce them.. people go for RZ2 or rzx2. No doubt the ASR is a really good boat, its bigger and had more options then the RZ2 but the RZ2 gonna give you a better surfwave.
        but that is just our picky surfing talk haha.. no doubt it push a great wave generally.

Comment

As the others have stated above the ASR was a very nice large boat. It was very interesting when first released with high hopes for being a boat that could do all the deciplines well. However the surf platform proved to not meet up to the expectations of the surf enthusiasts. If you wakeboard only it did it well. If you are interested in surfing at all go for the RZ2. The RZ2 does wakeboard wakes well. The ski wake is very nice. But sack it up for surfing and it puts out a very respectable wave. There are plenty of posts here as to how to get the best wakes and waves.
          Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

I bet you could stick a GSA on the ASR and it would be a different animal surf wise.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

@chpthril I don't think so, that rear end of that hull did some weird things, that boat just didn't surf, and believe me, we tried. If you plan to surf, I wouldn't buy that boat.
              http://wake9.com/

Comment

Did you try a GSA or TAPS3? What about a suck-gate or ronix type wedge? These devices are totally changing the surf wave of a traditionally listed boat.

Comment

So what about the hull changed between the hull that did surf and the production hull?

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...26246-Tige-ASR

Comment

I had a RZ2 for 2 years and i now own an ASR since last october. Only surfed 1 week before winter last season with the ASR. YES the RZ was easier to do a wave and the wave was really good. However my ASR have 2000lbs ballast on each side in the rear and another 2k on front. Took me a while to find a good setup but i can now say it do a decent wave. My plan is to try those wave makers product in a couple of week when i'll be out because i want a huge wave.

Important to always run with the gas tank full. My setup was 100% on the side i surf, 50% front, 50% the other side

Way more space in an ASR and the hull is higher than the RZ. No more water inside.

Comment

Tige tweaked the bottom, and rebranded as the RZX3 for a reason. And by tweak, I literally mean they added material to the bottom of an ASR until they got what they were looking for. The boat aside from its improvements year to year is the same concept.
                      Germaine Marine
                      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
                      X