New Tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tube

So I finally had to retire the tube that we have been using.....it was approaching 20 yrs old....

The kids are still really young (4, 2, and one on the way) so tubing is still a big event on the boat for the kids. Anybody have any recommendations? Looking for a single person and one where the kiddos can sit down "inside" the middle (donut) vs having to lay across the top.....

Thanks!

- Matt

Check out costco, they ussally have some good deals on the sit on ones that are super stable.

Comment

If you are looking for a stable donut style tube. We had one with these wings on the side. It was very safe and fun for the cautious minded riders.
      $60 with Free Shipping right now, using promo code, APRILSAVE, at Overtons. Looks like it comes with a rope and a pump.
      http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ackage&i=44576
      Last edited by TeamAllen; 04-10-2017, 01:07 AM.
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

We've had Connelly Dually deluxe. It's a cockpit style tube where kids feel very safe inside. It's been a very stable and durable tube.

Comment

We have the liquid force couch 3 http://www.liquidforce.com/LF15/ipa-couch-surfer3.html and it works perfectly for my kids. Bought when they were 4 and 2 and now they are 6 and 4 and it works perfectly. When my youngest was 2 my wife would ride in between them and now they are big enough to hold themselves. Plenty of room so nobody is banging their heads together etc.

Its a pita to blow up but once up its a great solid tube. Most wkends its its loaded with up to five kids under age 8 with no issues.

Have had 3 adults on it and rough housing and it holds up very well. Have friends with the "big Mable" and its an excellent tube also and much easier to blow up, but not near as stable as the larger LF 3. Plan on the LF 3 taking an entire compartment up as its large, but the smiles on the kids faces is all worth it

Comment

That liquid force couch looks nice but we actually have the airhead 3 person version for when my mom is out and wants to go tubing with the grandkids.....however, I really only plan on having it out then because of its shear size which is why I'm looking for a 1 person that the kiddos can ride alone and we keep on the boat the entire time vs the behemoth tube lol.....

Comment

So I friggin hate tubing. Hate it. I've come to the conclusion that any more than 1 person on a tube is dangerous unless you are putting around. That said, I have a ton of tubes. All the way from the Molecule, 3 person screamers, big mabels, donuts, 1 person discs.

Here is my take on tubes

The Molecule: Super stable but when it goes it goes big time. Total pain to inflate. Never use it anymore except as a fun island.

Donuts: Pretty fun for some. More potential for injury though since wipeouts tend to involve some sort of airtime. Not the best for the 2 yr old crowd since they are afraid of the water sometimes and have to go solo. But, if your looking for something to keep on the boat at all times it's probably the best compromise.

Big Mabels: Fun but hard on the boat and kinda dangerous to have 3-6 kids flipping and falling on each other at warp speed. I never use them anymore but they would be a great tube for the 4-2 year old crowd to putt around on with a parent or a couple of siblings.

3 person disk: Again, 3 kids wiping out at warp speed is dangerous. Only a matter of time before face hits knee or head and you end up with some horrible facial fracture. That said, probably a better option than a single donut.

1 person disc: Only thing I really run right now. I like them because I can whip them hard and when they fall off they just kinda slide across the water. I run 2 at a time and am thinking about adding a 3rd. Compact and inflate/deflate quickly. Also, typically only have 1 wipeout at a time so you don't have kids hitting into each other. I don't think too many 4 and 2 yr olds would like them though unless they tube a lot and want something more.

Other potentials:

"The Throne" looks kinda fun. Probably donut-esque in terms of injury potential. Probably fits your criteria the best.

Good luck. My kids have to earn the tube by doing 3 other sports first. Main goals with the young ones is to make them love the boat so that they are rabid boaters when teenagers.

Comment

Working...
              X