Your best boat care product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your best boat care product

Spring is at the door and I'm going to renewed my boat cleaning products so im curious on wich ones you use.

Don't need hard product I have a 2016. just simple cleaning stuff to make it shine.

Gonna need :
    - boat wax or sealant. maybe some here can explain me pos and cons of each and wich one I'm better with.
    - vinyl cleaner

Thanks guys!

I tried lots of products last year, i recently bought boat bling vinyl sauce works great, and boat bling hot sauce to remove hard water spots. The hot sauce smells like piss and vinegar but it works.

https://www.amazon.com/Boat-Bling-HS...ling+hot+sauce

https://www.amazon.com/Boat-Bling-VS...ng+vinyl+sauce

For wax I use this
    https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M503...at+cleaner+wax

Comment

I see you're in Canada. Here is everything you will ever need at a great price http://www.boatwake.ca/store/p710/BucketOfBabes

We use all the babes products and they work well.

Comment

Hot Sauce, vinyl sauce.
        "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

I am a big fan of the Performance Boat Candy products. I love the Speed Gloss and Vinyl Clean. I haven't tried the Vinyl protector yet.
          I buy the Speed Gloss by the gallon.
          http://www.performanceboatcandy.com/...-Products.html
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

If you like Hot Sauce to remove hard water spots as much as I do, I found this recipe last year that does a fantastic job for pennies! Feel free to try yourself.
            Streak free boat glass cleaner.jpg
            Nick
            Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Hey Mike88,
              There are many good products out there and it really depends on where you boat, how you store it and how much work you like to do.

As the boat is a 2016 look for a Boat Sealant that uses only synthetic polymers as such ingredients last longer than a carnauba wax and do not turn yellow over time. A good quality Polymer Sealant should last you around 4 months per application.
              To maintain the boat afterwards use a water spot remover that does not strip wax as this will help your sealant to last longer. Avoid using a vinegar/water mix as the acidic nature of the vinegar will strip wax over time.
              Regarding vinyl use a product that will not impact the cotton stitching, provides a UV protection and does not leave a greasy or oily film as you don't want to slip and slide with wet feet or wet shorts.

I think if you focus on these 3 products you will be able to keep your 2016 looking sharp through out the season.

Now time for the selfish plug :-)

Check out Hula Boat Care's
              Big Kahuna Polymer Sealant
              Gnarly Water Spot Remover
              Wipe Out Vinyl Cleaner & Conditioner
              What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

Anyone have experience with TopCoat F11 application on boat surfaces? Not cheap stuff. Always interested in new stuff on the market.
                https://topcoat.store/
                Nick
                Dayton, Ohio

Comment

I found Hot Sauce and Vinyl sause to work best. Hula boat care products work great too. They have been one of the great sponsors to the Tige reunion and i found that their products work wonders too.
                  Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

I use Rejex once a year as a sealant, Boat Bling Hot Sauce every outing to wipe down and clean up, and Meguiars Marine 57 Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner and Protectant

The Rejex lasts a lot longer than carnauba based waxes. The Hot Sauce has a small amount of wax in it, so it removes the hard water spots and slicks it back up. I used to use the Boat Bling vinyl products but wasn't ever really happy with it, we love the Marine 57, it cleans well and has protectant in it so when you are done wiping down the vinyl you are done.

Comment

Is there a difference between wax vs sealer like the above mentioned Hula Big Kahuna Sealer or Rejex? Typically I wax twice a season using Performance Boat Candy's Crystal Gloss and then spray the boat down each time after use with PBC's Speed Gloss.....reading the description the Speed Gloss uses Carnauba wax..will that seriously yellow the boat over time?

The Crystal Gloss is a polymer based wax so I guess that is good but do I need to "seal" the boat as well on top of waxing it?

Comment

Originally posted by NHarp1 View Post
                        Anyone have experience with TopCoat F11 application on boat surfaces? Not cheap stuff. Always interested in new stuff on the market.
                        https://topcoat.store/
                        I've got some F11 Topcoat on order. I will be sure to brag about it if it is the real deal. I have heard it is especially awesome for stainless hardware in the kitchen. I will try it there before I let it touch my boat That is how I convinced the wife that it was worth $60 for a single bottle.

I try most everything I can get my hands on and here is my current recipe:

Wax your boat every 10-20 trips to the lake and it doesn't matter what you use on the exterior, a plain towel with a little water will make spots come right off.
                        I use Boat Bling Hot sauce because I don't wax my boat that often, and it saves me from having to do that.
                        Totally awesome and vinyl sauce are terrific interior cleaners, and most any cleaner is better if you use a soft brush with it.
                        I use 303 regularly on the interior and love it. I think I have to do less deep cleaning of the vinyl if I keep a coat of 303 on the interior regularly.
                        Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Hula Boat Care products are phenomenal. Highly recommended and great customer service!
                          -Brandon Lucas
                          Houston, Tx

Comment

I also use the 303 product and love the UV protection it offers. But it is slick after first applied so you need to be careful when walking around. It also seems to make cleaning easier.
                            Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Thanks everybody! I had boat bling last summer with my last boat.
                              Great product I liked it but like exactly like sebody said it smell like piss haha.
                              Gonna try the hula this year! Its a good sponsor for Tigé so why not encourage them too!

Comment

Working...
                              X