major bimini issues on '11 RZ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

major bimini issues on '11 RZ4

My bimini has never been quite right since I bought my boat. When you look at it in from the bow it is majorly warped. I've got all the mounting and connection points pretty even but it just won't straighten. The canvas is also quite loose on the edges so they flap when on plane. Is there a method to figuring this out? I keep hitting my head on it when I exit the helm...

I will post pics of it when I can. I have 2 Z3 on my dock that I've been comparing too and can't see what may be wrong.

Thanks.

Some pictures would probably help. But I had some tearing issues with mine on my rz4. Took it to the dealer and had it repaired under warranty. Might be worth having your dealer look at it.
    BABz - babzusa.com
    Austin, TX

Comment

Pics will definitely help. Did you buy the boat new?
      Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

My bimini

IMG_1843.JPG
        IMG_1849.JPG

Z3 down from my slip. Same tower and bimini (seemingly)
        IMG_1850.JPG
        IMG_1851.JPG

why do images rotate? not sure how to fix that.

Comment

We have the same bimini set up on our 2014 Z1. Unfortunately, the pictures you have attached don't help us much... but that's ok. The key to setting your bimini up correctly (in my opinion) is asking someone to show you how to do it the first time. There are a few areas you may have overlooked that could cause it to "look warped" and flap in the wind. Set up correctly, it shouldn't do either of those things. I would strongly encourage you to look closely at the set up on the Z3s, and mirror it for yours, or even better yet, ask the owners of those boats to show you how to put it up. In closing, let me reassure you that the Bimini's on these boats are not easy to figure out without assistance. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Comment

Its all about the mount. The early ones had a very slim mount with a sliding square on the mount to release. The later ones had a taller mount with a pin you pulled out and rotated.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
              Its all about the mount. The early ones had a very slim mount with a sliding square on the mount to release. The later ones had a taller mount with a pin you pulled out and rotated.
              Well, it could be about the mount. But it could also be a) the bars in the back aren't all the way in, b) the velcro on the outside aren't velcro'ed, or are velcro'ed in the wrong place, or c)the bars aren't in the same holes on the front.

I know these all sound silly KoolAid... but I have done all of these things once , so figure it could be a number of different reasons.

Comment

I've tried to mimic other boats. I think my next step is to start replacing hardware. Starting with the 2 rears rods. Those were messed up and replaced once already by dealer but they couldn't get it right either..

Comment

I had to replace one of the rods on our front side. Tige no longer carries the parts for those Biminis (although some dealer locations may still have left over parts). You have to reach out directly to the vendor; Great Lakes Boat Tops at 423-884-5209. They were very cool to work with. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
                    I had to replace one of the rods on our front side. Tige no longer carries the parts for those Biminis (although some dealer locations may still have left over parts). You have to reach out directly to the vendor; Great Lakes Boat Tops at 423-884-5209. They were very cool to work with. Good luck.
                    Yes. I've already got them on it to help me out also.

Comment

Working...
                    X