Taps 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps 3

Has anybody taken off the avx on a Z3 and installed taps 3? I was wondering how it worked, and what the cost would be

Originally posted by mytige View Post
    Has anybody taken off the avx on a Z3 and installed taps 3? I was wondering how it worked, and what the cost would be
    A handful have done it. If you do a quick search you should find those pages,
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

As for cost, you are going to spend roughly 3-4k4
      Germaine Marine

Comment

Tige will no longer sell you the parts for a conversion. I have tried.

Comment

I'm trying to figure something out right now, so I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Comment

It's simple and costs about $1200 to do it through the aftermarket if you are ok with it being totally manually controlled through switches. Add another $1000 or so and you can gps automation.

Comment

UNSTUCK, the files you have for yours, are they exactly the same as the tige ones? Also are the tabs on the R20 the same as an RZX?

Comment

I don't think they are exact. I took my measurements off an rzx. When I did it I didn't think to bring something to measure angles. So I guessed on them. I would say that most sharp Tiges guys would think they are factory. Super sharp Tiges guys might guess that they they aren't.
                When I was at the dealer getting my measurements off the rzx they only had a z3 there with taps three as well. Those tabs were the same as the rzx. I'm pretty sure they were the same across all the boats.

Comment

Thanks. If the dealer won't work with me on getting some, maybe I can get them to help me out on the size differences between the models

Comment

Tige has never been willing to do it. Most dealers can. If you are in AZ or Utah it wont be a problem. It's a service Germaine can do without issue.
                    Germaine Marine

Comment

Do you think they would ship the parts up north?

Comment

Sure , the issue is flashing the software for taps 3 vs avx adjustment.
                        Germaine Marine

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                          I don't think they are exact. I took my measurements off an rzx. When I did it I didn't think to bring something to measure angles. So I guessed on them. I would say that most sharp Tiges guys would think they are factory. Super sharp Tiges guys might guess that they they aren't.
                          When I was at the dealer getting my measurements off the rzx they only had a z3 there with taps three as well. Those tabs were the same as the rzx. I'm pretty sure they were the same across all the boats.
                          Plates are the same across the line.
                          Germaine Marine

Comment

He's got an R20 software won't be an issue. He will need switches. No Tige Touch.

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
                              He's got an R20 software won't be an issue. He will need switches. No Tige Touch.
                              Doesent he have a z3 with AVX?
                              Germaine Marine

Comment

Working...
                              X