Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New tige owner. 1998. Is it necessary with this year of Boat to pull the drain plug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tige owner. 1998. Is it necessary with this year of Boat to pull the drain plug?

Feeling stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need more information. What exactly is your question? I always pull the drain plug after every outing.

Comment

There are no stupid questions... Welcome!

Not sure why the year of boat would matter to pull the plug. I would think everyone pulls their drain plug after pulling their boat out of the water in order to drain any water out of the bilge. I keep my plug in the cup holder at the helm so I don't forget to install it before launching again.

Comment

Are you talking about the bilge drain? Or referring to the engine drain for winterizing?

Comment

If your referring to the low point drain plug. Then I would say no, although I always pulled mine. Just remember if you pull that plug you want to make sure you remember to put both plugs back in. The rear drain plug, most places require your boat to be clean and dry if your required to be inspected before launching.
          My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I never removed my rear drain plug...wouldn't drain from that point anyways. The middle plug was money for draining though.

Comment

I remove my rear drain plug after every outing, the funny thing is I hardly ever get any water coming out, someone please tell me this is normal and that I don't have water just piling up in the bottom of my boat!!

Comment

It depends on the angle of the boat. If my boat is still on the boat ramp, most of the water will come out. However at home when the trailer is level, I have to use the center drain since the lowest point is in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by culrich77 View Post
                  I remove my rear drain plug after every outing, the funny thing is I hardly ever get any water coming out, someone please tell me this is normal and that I don't have water just piling up in the bottom of my boat!!
                  If you are seriously asking, yes no water in the bilge is good thing. If I just cruise all day, and hang on the beach there will be 0 water in the bilge. Though after day of surfing, people climbing in and out, I will have probably half a gallon. My activity center hatches in the back drain to the bilge and when I use to slam it for list surfing if I pulled the power back to hard I would have a wave crashing over the activity center and come through the walk way. Although in hind sight when that happened that was when I knew the wave was dialed in.
                  My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
                    If you are seriously asking, yes no water in the bilge is good thing. If I just cruise all day, and hang on the beach there will be 0 water in the bilge. Though after day of surfing, people climbing in and out, I will have probably half a gallon. My activity center hatches in the back drain to the bilge and when I use to slam it for list surfing if I pulled the power back to hard I would have a wave crashing over the activity center and come through the walk way. Although in hind sight when that happened that was when I knew the wave was dialed in.
                    Oh no I'm super glad that no water comes out, I just remember the days of my dads old Sea Ray I/O and it seemed like gallons of water would come out after every outing!

Comment

Working...
                    X