Window Tint installer suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Tint installer suggestions

Looking for someone near us with experience tinting the curved glass on our 15 Z1. Have had two very experienced tint guys fail. Have seen threads on here with others done successfully (mostly out west) and was hoping maybe someone knows someone within two hours of us. Located in Lima OH. (Hour north of Dayton, 1.5 hr west Columbus).

I actually just talked to a guy the other day in my town about getting mine done. He showed me a few he has done and was getting ready to do a brand new Tige this week. He seemed very knowledgeable in his craft. We spoke for awhile and I asked him about many things including why tint jobs fail and he had very good responses.

While I was there he showed me the tint for the Tige he is doing this week. It is already cut to shape, so I think he might actually get the tint pre-cut from a template from the manufacture but not sure exactly.

With all this said, I am not sure what the going rate is, but seemed pricey, at least for me right now. He gave me a very general cost of somewhere between 350 - 500, but wanted to see the boat before locking in a real estimate.

I know its a drive, but I am in the Dayton area. If you are interested in looking him up his website is thetintking.net

Comment

I had a guy do mine last week. Had to hand cut it and not use the most expensive 3m tint it doesn't shrink or stretch as well with heat. But this guy did a good job had to hit it with a propane torch and heat gun to get it around that curve.

Comment

I'm in northwest Arkansas and have talked to a few tint guys around here about this. The general consensus seems to be that it can be done, but it's gonna be pricey and one told me there was most likely gonna need to be a seem somewhere in the mix. Basically, none of the three I talked to want to do it, and if I decide to make them, they're gonna charge outrageous prices..

So here's a thought, what about a vehicle wrap? I saw an orange and gray Tige for sale that had what looked to be a custom wrap on the glass. Graphics and colors to match the boat. It liked it. I've never priced it, but since a wrap is applied on the outside with vinyl, I'm assuming it would be easier than tint on the curved inside of the glass? Could get it solid or semi-transparent like they do on vehicle windows..

Found the boat..

Last edited by Bryan; 03-28-2017, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Yojax10 check your PM.

Bryan, externally applying is an interesting idea. May check into further.

Comment

Originally posted by Yojax10 View Post
            I actually just talked to a guy the other day in my town about getting mine done. He showed me a few he has done and was getting ready to do a brand new Tige this week. He seemed very knowledgeable in his craft. We spoke for awhile and I asked him about many things including why tint jobs fail and he had very good responses.

While I was there he showed me the tint for the Tige he is doing this week. It is already cut to shape, so I think he might actually get the tint pre-cut from a template from the manufacture but not sure exactly.

With all this said, I am not sure what the going rate is, but seemed pricey, at least for me right now. He gave me a very general cost of somewhere between 350 - 500, but wanted to see the boat before locking in a real estimate.

I know its a drive, but I am in the Dayton area. If you are interested in looking him up his website is thetintking.net
            lol he actually came out to my house and quoted your boat about a year and half ago...I wonder if he will recognize it when he sees it....

Comment

I had mine done here in Austin at a place called Tint World. At the time I thought they didn't do the best job. But the more I researched afterwords, maybe they just did the best they could. They put a felt strip around the outside to help cover the gap. It drove me crazy so I took it off. It's also starting to peel up from the edges. Overall it looks pretty good. I'm just really picky. Im more unhappy with them not answering my emails.
              BABz - babzusa.com
              Austin, TX

Comment

Working...
              X