No announcement yet.

2014 rz4 tower paint crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not defending the dealer as I do now know anything about the situation, but, keep in mind that this is the peak season for the marine industry. I know a guy that is already booked out till mid May for stereo and ballast projects.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Not defending the dealer as I do now know anything about the situation, but, keep in mind that this is the peak season for the marine industry. I know a guy that is already booked out till mid May for stereo and ballast projects.
      Off topic, but I am hoping that guy is you? If so, you have earned it and then some. Keep up the great work and as always, thanks for supporting all of us with your knowledge and service.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
      "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Thanks for kind words,

Dealers are swamped with getting boat ready for the season, completing new sales and prepping/delivering those sales, boats that ran fine in September and wont run now and then those with cracked blocks cause they didnt get winterized. Believe when I say, I know what it feels like to have a boat sit at a dealer for service.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

If your tower is not under warranty, why have the dealer figure out if it's cracked? Just remove some of the paint yourself and see if the underlying metal is cracked.

Comment

Originally posted by jarrod View Post
            Thanks guys....this is the same dealer I bought the boat from..they've done all service and even added 2 more rev 8's they installed....they've done nothing for 2 weeks....I'll likely have a visit with the owner this week
            Jarrod, you're not alone. I had a very similar crack show up last fall on our '13 Z3. No tubes at all and I have no idea how it could've happened. Tigé wanted nearly $4k for a new tower but luckily I found one on eBay - just had to sandblast and powder it bc it was red and mine is black.

The shop that did did the powder told me that he could see why it would crack - he said they used a bad cast and the aluminum was very porous and weak. I know nothing about these things but just repeating what I was told.

You can get the tower repaired and re-coated but the repair won't look perfect. I think we paid $400 to blast and coat, fwiw. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it very common to find these towers on eBay? Just thinking it have to be a wrecked boat to find one

Comment

Well, got boat back from dealer....they confirmed crack, and can tell this is a no strike.....they are chatting with tige....apparently it is difficult to get these replaced due to tige no longer using this manufacturer....at least dealer is on my side....they sold the boat to the original owner and now me....hopefully we'll get somewhere

Comment

Working...
                X