2013 z3 interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 z3 interior

Love the boat, I'm the second owner, about a 150hrs on it. We are in the process of replacing a few of the skins in the higher traffic areas dew to the seams splitting apart. While working on it we noticed that the vinyl seems very dry and are very concerned the rest of the interior will be shot by the end of this summer! My question is, has anyone used any sort of products that could help with this? We have had the boat for about a 100hrs and have fallowed the vinyl care instructions very carefully, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello Nick. I to have the same issue with my 2013 Z1. I did a little investigating, and it looks like several people have had this problem. From what I can tell it seems to be primarily on the 2013 models.

My suggestion would be to contact your local dealer, and work through them to have it replaced. I am still waiting on a response back from my dealer in regards to how Tige will handle this. I am hoping that Tige at the least will provide the material at no cost, but ultimately I would hope they will take care of material and labor.

I did have a friend of mine that does upholstery for high end custom cars look at the seats. He feels that the seem stitching is inadequate for marine applications, and the material is not quality.

I hope and feel that Tige will step up and help out with this.

Hope this helps a little!

Comment

I am curious why you would expect Tige to cover seats on a 2013 which is out of the warranty period. Especially not to the original owner. Most manufacturers cover vinyl for 1 year.

If they do anything it would be above and beyond and strictly as "goodwill".

Comment

I use vynil hot sauce regularly.

Comment

3 yrs is a short time to go bad. Makes me wonder if left outside or "cleaned" by the dealer to look pretty. Spray on sunscreen also kills vinyl. I replaced about half the vinyl on my 2200v when it was 14 years old. Still had original sun deck and was in pretty good condition at 18 yrs when finally sold. And that was from a period where the vinyl was supposed to be sub-par.

Only thing I use on my vinyl is 303 and water. I typically 303 the seats a little each trip...especially on the curves and large flat areas. Also, storing a boat outside (even on a covered lift) trashes the vinyl. Boats on lifts just end up grubbier than boats that get semi detailed every time they come out.

Anywho, my rec is 303 and protection from elements.

Comment

I have a 2013 Z3 as well that I have posted about having some seam issues. I was able to work through the dealer when I bought the boat last October on the worst sections but there are still some spots that I need to look at closer to see if they are splitting or not. I would expect the same thing as stated above about Tige helping with the vinyl replacement. Maybe not labor but replacement would be expected. Yes its a 2013 and second owner but vinyl is a HUGE part of a boat. It should hold up longer than 150 hours or in my case 200hrs. Yes, if left out in the sun during storage or not taken care of but if you know the dealer well and they know the 1st owner and state how well it has been taken care of(yes a little trust), it should last longer than 3 1/2 years. Plus I've read a few responses about owners that bought it new as well, so I don't think its just mistreated. ALSO, my 2006 24V had over 500 hours on it and was just beginning to have tears at about 400Hours....and I didn't baby the vinyl by any means

Just my opinion. I'll be sending them an email as well if I see more problems with it.
            Last edited by KyleRass41; 03-22-2017, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
              I am curious why you would expect Tige to cover seats on a 2013 which is out of the warranty period. Especially not to the original owner. Most manufacturers cover vinyl for 1 year.

If they do anything it would be above and beyond and strictly as "goodwill".
              I am absolutely not expecting warranty to cover anything, there is no warranty. Just trying to extend the life of the material I have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

That wasn't directed at you Nick, rather the comment under yours that said:

"I am still waiting on a response back from my dealer in regards to how Tige will handle this. I am hoping that Tige at the least will provide the material at no cost, but ultimately I would hope they will take care of material and labor."

I was saying this is an unrealistic expectation considering the boat is out of the warranty period. Telling you your warranty is expired is how they will likely handle it. See if Chevy or Ford are willing to replace what is going to be considered "cosmetic or wear and tear" out side their warranty period.

Plenty of boat manufacturers have had bad vinyl runs. Early 2000 MC's were well known for it. Doesn't mean they changed their warranty policy. Just means those boats all needed upholstery at 5-7 years. Does it suck, sure. Thats why there is a 3 year warranty, but thats where their liability ends. Thats why you always do a good walk thru shortly before the warranty ends to get all this stuff buttoned up before its on your dime. Considering most 2013's are produced in 2012 with the last ones prior to 6/30/13, unless you bought a hold over all those boats are out of warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakes5 View Post
                  3 yrs is a short time to go bad. Makes me wonder if left outside or "cleaned" by the dealer to look pretty. Spray on sunscreen also kills vinyl. I replaced about half the vinyl on my 2200v when it was 14 years old. Still had original sun deck and was in pretty good condition at 18 yrs when finally sold. And that was from a period where the vinyl was supposed to be sub-par.

Only thing I use on my vinyl is 303 and water. I typically 303 the seats a little each trip...especially on the curves and large flat areas. Also, storing a boat outside (even on a covered lift) trashes the vinyl. Boats on lifts just end up grubbier than boats that get semi detailed every time they come out.

Anywho, my rec is 303 and protection from elements.
                  I would disagree with that last part. My boat was on an uncovered lift for 5 years and the boat was as good as new when I sold it. I used Boatbling products for at least 4 of those years. On lift or not it's all about how you take care of it.

Comment

^^true...but the vast majority of boats that stay on lifts I have seen tend to be a but grubbier. All things being equal, I would rather buy a boat that lived in a garage than one that lived on a lift. Although, my goal is to have a boat on a lift in the backyard someday. In any case, i agree, it really comes down to how well it's taken care of.

Comment

I have to agree with the people that are complaining about 2013 model vinyl. I store my boat inside and treat mine like a baby. Wait she is a baby. My brother has a 2011 Nautique. Which he treats his like a red headed step child. Which has always been stored outside on boat-lift he hardly ever puts the cover on. The Marina even comes out and winterize his boat on the lift. He has no tears & all seams look fine. Now it might be dirty. His vinyl could get a good cleaning, and look better than mine. Just because i have some seams that are coming apart as well.

Comment

https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...th-some-issues

^^^ This has been my experience with most boats people leave outside. Some people take care of them but most don't. Even nautiques turn to crap when left exposed to sun, moistures, dirt etc.

Comment

The new Tige boats COME with a 3yr vinyl warranty and I would expect that if taken care of, vinyl should last at least 10years.
                          On replacement....A lot of it depends on having a great dealer who will work with you....but if you properly transferred the warranty over to your name, I think its 50/50 that Tige will work with you on it (my local dealer is awesome and I know for a fact he would go to bat for me if I was in your situation). I know of a few friends that had some issues after the warranty technically "expired".....Tige stepped up and provided the materials and the owner covered the labor, one of them got both covered as he proved that it was a defective vinyl. That is certainly better than nothing and you gain NOTHING, by not trying. Call, be very nice and tell them you will be buying another Tige boat in future....a good attitude and being respectfully is certainly gonna gain you more than acting like a D&$K in this situation.
                          303 is the best for conditioning....I use it after EVERY ride. Keep the boat covered and be careful where you step on your seats. A large part is taking care of it properly of course....and you dont know what the previous owner did....but there have also been situations where they get a "bad batch" of vinyl. Tige could know something you don't about that year if others are also experiencing it....and asking may get you something. I would NOT wait....sooner you ask, the better chance you have at getting some results.
                          Good luck!

Comment

Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce every trip for cleaning, BB conditioning sauce every other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
                              That wasn't directed at you Nick, rather the comment under yours that said:

"I am still waiting on a response back from my dealer in regards to how Tige will handle this. I am hoping that Tige at the least will provide the material at no cost, but ultimately I would hope they will take care of material and labor."

I was saying this is an unrealistic expectation considering the boat is out of the warranty period. Telling you your warranty is expired is how they will likely handle it. See if Chevy or Ford are willing to replace what is going to be considered "cosmetic or wear and tear" out side their warranty period.

Plenty of boat manufacturers have had bad vinyl runs. Early 2000 MC's were well known for it. Doesn't mean they changed their warranty policy. Just means those boats all needed upholstery at 5-7 years. Does it suck, sure. Thats why there is a 3 year warranty, but thats where their liability ends. Thats why you always do a good walk thru shortly before the warranty ends to get all this stuff buttoned up before its on your dime. Considering most 2013's are produced in 2012 with the last ones prior to 6/30/13, unless you bought a hold over all those boats are out of warranty.

I understand the manufactures warranty, and I do not agree that my expectations are unrealistic. When you spend that much money on a boat, or car, or anything else, you expect it to last longer than a few years.

My boat has always been stored inside, and has been meticulously taking care of. I have followed all of the manufactures recommendations for cleaning. Don't get me wrong, I love my Tige, but just don't understand how the seats could get like this. I owned an 2008 Sanger V215 that was no where near the boat that my Tige is, but yet the seats on that boat held up and looked brand new when I sold it.

Comment

Working...
                              X